• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Hutton (Taylor 22)
    • Kodjia (Adomah 58)
    • Onomah (Whelan 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/18 at 14:00

I quite enjoyed that. Going behind meant we had to be adventurous. Whelan was quietly excellent, Jack was good and everyone missed millions of chances. I have some cold cider and the train wi-fi is working. Life is good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First one I have been to for a while and sorry Gents . I was disappointed. IMO Derby were there for the taking, we spent sooooooooooo much time playing it side ways and not moving forward as much and as often as we should have. We would have created more chances and chances eventually convert to goals

Alan Hutton made the difference when he came, always wanting to push forward.  

Very good game from us. Even if we'd lost, I'd have been ok with it. Again difficult to choose MotM, so many good performances that no-one stood out.

I gave it to Hutton, he really solidified our defense when he came on. 

Surprised I am the first to mark the diabolical refereeing performance as very poor. 

Conceded because Taylor is a very poor defender. 

Battered them for the rest of the game and should have scored at least 3 or 4 but had to be content with salvaging the draw. 

If we get them in the play offs there should be no trouble, not that I think we will though. 

I have seen player play far, far worse this season and win. Frustrating day but the lads gave it everything. Cardiff won anyway so a win would have not been enough for 2nd. I thought Whelan had a good game and all the subs helped improve the team as well. Bring on Boro.

I thought our play looked predictable and slow at times.......but great effort.

We are too easily closed down.

happy with the draw, but should have won.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I thought the biggest problem was we didn't get enough players into the box, certainly for the first 60-70 minutes, too often it was just Grabban with 4 or 5 defenders, but other than that it was pretty good. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, poitier said:

I thought the biggest problem was we didn't get enough players into the box, certainly for the first 60-70 minutes, too often it was just Grabban with 4 or 5 defenders, but other than that it was pretty good. 

That and the continuous floating crosses into the box, did no one look at the size of the derby defenders?

• Like 1

There are two areas where we've done absolutely brilliantly since being in the Championship, two things that have really pleased me: for two seasons in a row now, 1) no-one has scored more than three goals against us (such a big change from the last five years in the Premier League) and 2) no-one has done the double against us (thanks to Grabban's late goal today). Well done team, what a nice change! :)

• Like 3

Didn't see the game but from the reading of those that did sounds like if it we're a boxing match it would have been stopped! 

Well Done Villa! 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

We absolutely dominated, especially in the second half. Most one-sided draw I’ve seen in ages. Quietly confident ahead of the play offs based on that, on another day we could’ve scored five or six. Hopefully we got all our woodwork-hitting and horror misses (Conor :wave:) out of the way for the season.

Thought everyone played well, Taylor aside. Hutton’s hero reception from the Holte really galvanised us at one nil down.

I’m at a wedding for the away semi final, looking forward to VP on that Tuesday night big time now!

Would rest Grealish next week. Don’t want some clogger ending his season early.

Final word on the ref: awful!

12 hours ago, Nigel said:

That and the continuous floating crosses into the box, did no one look at the size of the derby defenders?

I kind of agree but we did create at least two clear chances from crosses so they worked to an extent. 

Â