• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Hutton (Taylor 22)
    • Kodjia (Adomah 58)
    • Onomah (Whelan 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/18 at 14:00

Your ratings and reactions please. Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

The players' names will be added to the poll when a mod gets chance.

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

If anyone ever suggests Gary Rowett managing us, remember this game. Pulis and Mourinho will have been jerking in their underpants watching that. Awful bus parking. Terrible. 

Not seen the game as I've been out.

But was it really that bad? :o

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

If anyone ever suggests Gary Rowett managing us, remember this game. Pulis and Mourinho will have been jerking in their underpants watching that. Awful bus parking. Terrible. 

I kind of agree but you could also see it as winning for most of the game and getting a point against the fourth best team in the league. Not really a stick to beat GR with.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Thought that was one of Whelan's best games for us

probably the most one sided draw I've seen this season , another day we win that comfortably

have the week off next week and get ready for 2 legs of dull against a Pullis side

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Not seen the game as I've been out.

But was it really that bad? :o

It was attack versus defence. They had 2 chances all game, one was their goal, gifted by a Taylor **** up, and the other had Andi Weiman through on goal but Hutton pulling out a terrific tackle

Other than that, they were in their own third defending for 90 minutes. We hit the bar once, the post once, and screwed up a few clear shots on goal. Could have easily been 5 or 6 on another day.

If we go against them in the play offs, I have no fear at all.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In many ways that performance and result gives us a lot of confidence going into the playoffs. We know that if a team are intent on parking the bus, we can stay patient and eventually break them down.

Very pleasing. 

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I kind of agree but you could also see it as winning for most of the game and getting a point against the fourth best team in the league. Not really a stick to beat GR with.

Would you want to watch that week after week? People on VT complain about "Bruce Ball" (whatever that is.) I can't imagine any Villa fans putting up with 10 games of that turgid defending from Rowett's team let alone a whole season.

GR also set up his team like that at SHA so he hasn't played that way to suit the squad he has at Derby.

Watching it live in the US, i thought that we played some really nice stuff - on the ground to feet - through the middle - very few hoofs. Any other day we would have scored quite a few.

Everyone played well - Whelans best game for us.

• Like 1

We played some pretty impressive stuff and really deserved to win that several times over, but finishing and their big double decker bus stood in our way.

Grealish was sublime again and undoubted MotM, but Hutton not far off. Has been a terrible right back for many years but one of the best left backs we've had for quite some time. Go figure! No more Taylor for the rest of the season please.

Speaking of right backs, how is someone who has played most of their career as a winger as Elmo such a terrible crosser? He does a job there but kills the attacking momentum with such poor efforts.

Other than that, and the frustrations of not hitting the back of the net as much as we warranted, it was a good performance. Hopefully we can keep that intensity. 

• Like 1

Not long back. I thought we were excellent and had we have won by 4 or 5 it would not have been an injustice. Derby's game plan was clearly to try to catch us on the break and let us have the ball and put 10 men behind it. We coped well though and created plenty of great openings which was encouraging.

Grealish man of the match for me but aside from Taylor they all did well. Special mention for Whelan though who has had a fair bit of stick but was excellent today and has done very well last few games in fairness.

• Like 1

Â