unread posts

villaglint

Question

I'm not sure if this is related or not. Not sure what the button is called but I call it the timeline button which is next (to the left) to the search button at the top of the mobile site. It seems to have stopped working. Just hangs for ages and never seems to get to the page eventually just times out. 

I'm using iPhone Safari and have cleared cookies etc but not solved the problem. 

Edited by villaglint

11 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I'm not sure if this is related or not. Not sure what the button is called but I call it the timeline button which is next (to the left) to the search button at the top of the mobile site. It seems to have stopped working. Just hangs for ages and never seems to get to the page eventually just times out. 

I'm using iPhone Safari and have cleared cookies etc but not solved the problem. 

Hi,

It's working for me. Anyone else? You'll need to be using a mobile to see that button.

46 minutes ago, limpid said:

Hi,

It's working for me. Anyone else? You'll need to be using a mobile to see that button.

iPhone, safari - working for me (assuming it's the little sort of newspaper icon thing to the left of the search glass.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, villaglint said:

I had a massive amount of unread content,  and it timed out on me. Both on mobile and desktop. So I "mark site read" at the bottom, waited until a topic was unread and it worked again.

image.png.987dd2d9f24b3cc28b4923f2d25259ea.png

Edited by Tegis
1 minute ago, Tegis said:

I had a massive amount of unread content,  and it timed out on me. Both on mobile and desktop. So I "mark site read" at the bottom, waited until a topic was unread and it worked again.

image.png.987dd2d9f24b3cc28b4923f2d25259ea.png

Thanks for this. I guess it's only when there is a lot of unread content.

This is nothing to do with the original problem so I'll split it into a separate thread.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, villaglint said:

Ok just to update. The timeline button is now working but takes about 20 secs to load the page which is odd. Rest of the site is fine but that button seems to be very laggy. Buts it's working again which is the main thing. 

A patch has just been applied. Next time you've been away for a few days and try it, everything should work.

On 27 April 2018 at 18:00, limpid said:

A patch has just been applied. Next time you've been away for a few days and try it, everything should work.

Hi Limpid, just to update this is still not working for me. Sometimes it loads up very slowly after about 20/30secs but most of the time it just doesn't work. I have deleted all cache etc again just in case that was the problem but it's not made any difference. Is there anything else I should try? 

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Hi Limpid, just to update this is still not working for me. Sometimes it loads up very slowly after about 20/30secs but most of the time it just doesn't work. I have deleted all cache etc again just in case that was the problem but it's not made any difference. Is there anything else I should try? 

I've just tried it on four different browsers on three devices and it loads fine.

Is anyone else still seeing this?