End of season awards/POTY

One For The Road

I voted for Adomah, mainly because I didn’t expect him to get anywhere near as many goals as he has done. The surprise element won it for me. 

I accept that Chester is the more deserving winner. Mr Consistent.

35 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Not much love for Admoah. Quite surprised as, for a winger, he has been quite prolific for us and a key part of the reason we made the play offs.

He’s had a great season but too inconsistent at times as are most wide men .

Strange that Conner Horrihaine has scored more goals from midfield for us than any play since David Platt but doesnt get a look in just goes to show we have had several players who have done very well this season.

Thinking back to "That" season two years ago, we have turned a page for sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eastie said:

young player I’d go maybe Davis as his contribution was vital at the time and I’d think Grealish is too old to be a contender .

If Harry Kane at 24 can be nominated for the PFA young player of the season, then jack (22) can be surely considered for our in house award? 

• Like 1

For the first time in years it was really hard to pick 1 clear player of the year. In years gone by it has been 1 clear player to be nominated but this year shows how much we are a team. The goals have been distributed fairly evenly throughout the team with Hourihane and Adomah contributing well. Grabban has also been a great addition with 7 so far since January. I think we have had 13 different goal scorers from midfield and strikers this year. 

In the end I went with Chester as I think he has been our most consistent player and has not missed a game this season. The guy is class and if we don't get promoted I would be amazed if a bottom 10 prem side does not try and make a bid for him in the summer. Johnstone was a close second, and Adomah and Grealish have both been excellent in patches. Terry and Snodgrass have also been good, adding some good experience to this side. Hourihane deserves a mention in getting double digit goals even though sometimes he has gone off form.  Kienan Davis should get young player of the year as he led the line magnificently for 3 months when we had no one else in the squad to do this.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Chester for me, and it actually isn't really that close. Not because the others haven't been excellent, but because he's been rock solid every single week almost without fail.

Edited by abdomlahor

4 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Strange that Conner Horrihaine has scored more goals from midfield for us than any play since David Platt but doesnt get a look in just goes to show we have had several players who have done very well this season.

Thinking back to "That" season two years ago, we have turned a page for sure.

Yup, not that you’d think so reading this lot sometimes !

I would go for Chester just about. Big mentions though for Terry, Hourihane, Adomah, Snodgrass, Grealish, Grabban and Johnstone.

Edited by KHV

Â