Match Thread: Ipswich v Villa

limpid

Horrible challenge.  I think it was much worse than Ward intended, but still dreadful.  Clear red card.  But I liked our reaction,  jack picked up the ball and pushed the culprit, but not severely enough to get a caution. 3 other villans were in the refs face making it difficult for him to get there, pressuring him to make the right call.  For years we have been poor at “working the ref”.  That was well done, even if  it was a red card all day long, I’m encouraged to see us working the ref well.  

Kind of baffling that their fans are booing Taylor.  Is there no replay in the stadium?

• Like 2

Just now, jjaacckk91 said:

I know second is as good as gone, but optimistic me can't help thinking if we take advantage now and give these a good hiding to boost our goal difference it could hugely increase our chances

I bet you only got the one lottery ticket for tonight too. But I wish you were right  

3 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Kind of baffling that their fans are booing Taylor.  Is there no replay in the stadium?

Even if they have a screen, the league doesn't allow replays of anything that might be contentious - they wouldn't be able to show it.

7 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I know second is as good as gone, but optimistic me can't help thinking if we take advantage now and give these a good hiding to boost our goal difference it could hugely increase our chances

I want to see this regardless of our chances at automatic. We should show the other playoff contenders we're a force to be reckoned with and a big win breeds much needed confidence. I say go for the throat in the second.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Even if they have a screen, the league doesn't allow replays of anything that might be contentious - they wouldn't be able to show it.

Yeah iirc spurs did it at half time 3/4 years back, showed a goal that was clearly offside or something and the crowd went nuts, had the book thrown at them by the FA

10 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

That’s the spirit mate, let’s keep the pressure on the teams above and see what happens over the next couple of games.