NFL 2018 Draft Topic

Tegis

Giants

1. Who do you realistically want to take?
I'm happy to not take a QB at #2 or to trade the pick and move down, but only slightly and for significant compensation.

It looks like all the trade talk surrounding Odell Beckham has quietened down now, so if he can get his head together and the rumours around Dez Bryant are true, then for me the logical selection at #2 has to be Saquon Barkley to give the offense some signigicant playmaking ability across the board.  I am far from an expert but the production, highlights and measurables are all there with this kid and by all accounts he seems to be a good egg.  

I think Saquon is better than all the recent great RB draft picks such as Fournette, Gurley, Elliot etc as he will be more of a factor catching the ball out the backfield.

If we trade down then i wouldnt want to move out of the top 5 to ensure we could get Nelson or Chubb.  If we move past 4 then i suspect Saquon will go to the Browns there if not #1 overall, but i think the Browns will take their preferred QB of the bunch there.

2. Who do you think you will ACTUALLY take?

John Mara flew out to have dinner with Josh Rosen, so i think he is a possibility.  The Giants have scouted Barkley significantly and spent plenty of time with the main QB's also.  They had Chubb in for a visit as well, so it depends how Cleveland go with the #1 pick and who might be willing to come up.

3. Who do you think might fall to your spot who you would take instead?

Tough to answer as pretty much everyone is a possibility when picking number 2 overall!

I like Josh Allen as a prospect but not at #2 overall.  If he falls to the second round i would be intrigued about picking him up to sit behind Eli for a few seasons, but i think that is unlikely and expect he goes higher in the draft potentially #1 overall!  Completion percentage/accuracy being the main concern for this guy.

4. Who do you want to completely avoid?

Josh Rosen.  On the one hand i think he could be the best QB in the draft, but my concern is around his durability and the concussion history. 

Barkley-3.jpg

Edited by kkr

On 20/04/2018 at 17:08, rjenkins said:

Cleveland Browns

Who do you realistically want to take?

Josh Rosen was my preferred choice, but in recent weeks I've cooled on him.

I think, when it is all said and done, he could be the best QB in this draft. However, I think it will depend greatly on whether he lands in the right spot. Of the Top 4 guys, he's the one I think has the highest bust potential in Cleveland.

Every time I have listened to Rosen's interviews I think it's clear he is hoping to go the Giants. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but as of right now I would probably take Josh Allen or Sam Darnold and hope like hell that Tyrod plays well enough / stays fit so that they won't have to see the field in their first season.

Who do you think you will actually take?

I think it's going to be Sam Darnold. I think John Dorsey has known his pick for a while and in all likelihood it'll be him. At 4? Who knows. A trade down is probably likely.

Reports from Cleveland are that they "have cooled" on Sam Darnold and the sense is that the choice is narrowing now to either Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Reports from Cleveland are that they "have cooled" on Sam Darnold and the sense is that the choice is narrowing now to either Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen.

I had a £10 bet on Mayfield going first at 20/1 last week and he's now 5/1. 

I've got them all at big prices by being patient so as long as Barkley doesn't go first I'll profit.

14 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I had a £10 bet on Mayfield going first at 20/1 last week and he's now 5/1. 

was talk of Saints trading up to 8th to grab him .... now he might be first out , though others have him at the Jets in 3rd

this Draft seems to change by the minute !!

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Very unpredictable draft tvis year. The order in the top 6 is all over the place

Is that because of a glut of talent, or a lack of?  I know the square root of fook all about college football.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Is that because of a glut of talent, or a lack of?  I know the square root of fook all about college football.

I pretend I know a little, but in reality it's based on the collective minds on forums and sportswriters. Coupled with some collage-action from the bowlgames.

This year I think the QBs are of similar status so grading them is difficult. Looking at Kellys numbers, he stacks up well with the top names this year, wich is both alarming and upliftning

Crap-shoot as always

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

was talk of Saints trading up to 8th to grab him .... now he might be first out , though others have him at the Jets in 3rd

this Draft seems to change by the minute !!

Yeah there are so many plausible scenarios that make it impossible to guess how it will play out .

I'm expecting tradeageddon.

Err when did mayfield take over from Darnold as favourite for first pick?

So my buddy is having a draft party after work tomorrow (yup, friday) and he wants us to all not know the results. How likely is that? 

3 hours ago, rjenkins said:

Late rumours that Browns are going to pick Baker Mayfield 1st overall. It can't be, can it? 

I think he's the best all round QB . He's very similar to Mahomes who Dorsey traded up for.

2 hours ago, zak said:

So my buddy is having a draft party after work tomorrow (yup, friday) and he wants us to all not know the results. How likely is that? 

If I just stayed out of this forum and nfl.com there's no way I'd see any news about it.

Edited by Tegis

1. Browns: QB Baker Mayfield
  2. Giants: QB Sam Darnold
  3. Jets: QB Josh Rosen
  4. Browns: DE Bradley Chubb
  5. Denver - TRADE to Bills - QB Josh Allen
  6. Colts - LB Roquan Smith
  7. Buccaneers - RB Saquon Barkley
  8. Bears - CB Denzel Ward
  9. 49ers - G Quenton Nelson
  10. Raiders - Tremaine Edmunds
Edited by abdomlahor