Pre match thread

John

I guess

-------------------------Whelan--------------------------

------------Hourihane-----Grealish----------------

Onomah--------------------------------------Bjarnason

-------------------------Grabban---------------------------

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Guess we are resting players after the fulham result. Don't have an issue with it  

If we win we will only be 3 points behind. Also, our away form has gone a bit pants. We need some decent away performances before the play time offs in my view. I am puzzled by the selection but not surprised!

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The new Wembley?

I've never had a problem getting away from it. It's a hell of a lot easier than getting back to Birmingham from Villa Park.

As soon as you exit Villa Park you're in Birmingham.:D

You're right though . I left the Arsenal game at 60 minutes and was in Erdington 2 hours later.

The lineup is fine. Chance to rest Albert and Snoddy ready for play offs. There should still be enough in the lineup to get at least a point against Ipswich - if not, oh well. 

Edited by Tayls

I don’t like giving up if the math is still possible.  I also don’t like resting players several weeks too early.  The human body doesn’t work that way.  But if those are good reasons for this line- up.   6 central midfielders with no width seems crazy.  But what do I know. We discovered Davis by accident, we discovered Thor as DM by accident.  Let’s go for it.  Let’s just pull midfielders out of a hat to form a roster.   

On the other hand, if the plan is to protect and rest key players several weeks too early, why the $&@! are Grealish especially, but also Grabban, Chester, Thor, Jedi, Elmo, Taylor, and Johnstone being risked?

it strikes me that Bruce wants to rest and protect important players several weeks too early but (forgot about Jack and) lacks the conviction to go all out in this (IMO bad) direction by just starting all kids and fringe.

Im baffled and annoyed, but let’s go Villa, get us back in with a mathematical chance by hammering this lot !!!!   UTV

• Like 1