Pre match thread

John

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You must have forgotten when we beat Liverpool 2-1 in the FA Cup semi final in 2015, probably the best performance I've seen from a Villa player in Jack Grealish that day

I did indeed...thank you:)

• Like 1

this really should be a comfortable win and it's exactly what we need. Winning breeds winning and we really need those damn wins right now. Like Demitri said, give Kodjia minutes from the start and have Adomah come on as a sub. Both need to keep going but shouldn't be strained ahead of the big important games in the playoffs. holy shite I'm getting more an more nervous as the weeks are going by.

• Haha 1

This is good in a way.  We really need to learn to play without our strongest 11 just in case.

Its a bonus then if everyone is fit for the playoffs!

Id play Davis up top with Grabban on the left.  Gives us more options and keeps Davis fit.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

what part? 

The part about Kodj being out. Checked the news and now I'm much more at ease. Thought he picked up an injury again but he's just being left out because of soreness as to not being risked. Sounds very sensible to me.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

The part about Kodj being out. Checked the news and now I'm much more at ease. Thought he picked up an injury again but he's just being left out because of soreness as to not being risked. Sounds very sensible to me.

oh no sorry didnt mean like that, its just he is abit sore they dont want to risk him as we need him. its normal apparently bruce said 

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'd start Davis up top with Grabban still out wide. I don't want to move Grabban off that wing spot. He has looked decent in the role versus sub-par at striker. 

I agree - I know Davis doesn't score a lot but we've played the best football with him up top IMO.

Also think that Thor in CDM gives us more dynamism through the middle of the park.

14 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'd start Davis up top with Grabban still out wide. I don't want to move Grabban off that wing spot. He has looked decent in the role versus sub-par at striker. 

I like that idea....can picture that working well and we may as well try it now..

• Like 2

On 20/04/2018 at 09:23, Demitri_C said:

kodjia, hutton out. tuanzebe out for the season bruce confirmed

terry may be on bench but bruce said may not be risked 

You mean Tuanzebe is out for 3 games. You should have been a journo as you sure do know how to dramatise! :D

On 18/04/2018 at 16:18, rjw63 said:

Don't know why, it's an overpriced shit hole and a nightmare to get away from.

The new Wembley?

I've never had a problem getting away from it. It's a hell of a lot easier than getting back to Birmingham from Villa Park.