Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Match Polls  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/18 at 18:45

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Maybe a bit harsh. I just watched his interview and he really is a good bloke but the truth is, I just do not enjoy watching Villa anymore. With the resources he has, we should be much better. He is scared of everyone we play despite all the advantages we have. I think we could smash this league with a positive approach. 

He is a good guy. I want him to prove me wrong. I just don’t think he will!

fair post. I disagree, but I get where you are coming from. Even when he gets us winning games there can be something a bit.. I dunno.. unsatisfying? about Bruce's tactics.

I know it’s trendy to slag Bruce off st the minute, but I’m going to go against the grain and say he’s done fairly well the last couple of games. I know it hasn’t been quite as attacking as we have been at other points in the season, but it’s been very well controlled. I never felt like we were in any danger tonight, and if their defenders hadn’t had such a good game then we could have been looking at 2 or 3 nil easily. I’m not Bruces’ biggest fan but if all our other games had been managed this way including our substitutions then I think we’d have been a little better off. My confidence for the playoffs increased a little bit tonight.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Snoddy ALWAYS busts his gut. I genuinely think his total commitment is why he gets picked so regularly. It’s a message from SB to the rest of the team - this is how you approach a football match.

Really really can’t understand the bile against him tonight. He is a gem for Villa. Hope he stays with us.

Snodgrass has been incredibly average for the last 4-5 games and his set pieces tonight were dreadful, he gives 100% though but needs to be rested.

Still a class player who has been awesome for us, but that doesn't change the fact that he and Adomah have had significant drops in form in recent matches.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Was at the ground tonight and followed him for 15 mins or so. Bloody awful. 

Strolled around completely uninterested, a total waste of space. 

You're right, but you might just have picked the wrong fifteen minutes - it's like he switches on and off. There was a fifteen minute period at the end where he was closing people down, making runs and busting a gut to do things - and there was a fifteen minute period in the first half where he looked like he was wondering what colour his next car should be. He's a strange one. I thought overall it was a decent performance, but he's frustrating in that if he could put in a full 90 of the good stuff he'd be a really good player.

• Like 1

Just got back from my view in the North Stand we did what we had to do got the goal and then played in first gear.  

Whelan had a good game and although some have slated him Onomah too. Snodgrass works his bollocks off but did nothing with the ball tonight.

Defence was solid Johnson scratched his balls the ref blew his whistle and now the pressure is on those above us.

Job done can enjoy the weekend I am happy.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

God that was awful

Funny place this. I usually consider myself a miserable pessimist, but I come on here after a solid if unspectacular win to revel in thebthree points a bit longer and this is the first reply :D

Thought we did alright. Should’ve been more comfortable but at least we created chances. I don’t rate Onomah to say the least but he was excellent tonight, as was Whelan. Chester got my vote for MotM, but Jedinak was also solid and strong in the air. 

Thought Snods was poor tonight. He tried hard but things didn’t come off for him. Not his fault, he’s been superb for us this season generally. Don’t think Johnstone had to make a save. That’s been a busy few week with a few players who are no spring chickens and a few injury niggles, and we won two on the bounce. Good work. 

Did the ref forget his cards tonight? Proper championship ref that, I quite liked him. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Really? 

Was at the ground tonight and followed him for 15 mins or so. Bloody awful. 

Strolled around completely uninterested, a total waste of space. 

Had a good 5 mins late in the second half. That's it. 

Um , no.

Should have won by more, I'm sure if we had scored a second a third would have followed. 

Snodgrass totally awful again. 

Best game from Onomaha I think. 

Ref was OK overall but the Jedanik trip when he was done all ends up was possibly the worst decision I have seen by a ref all my life. I was literally guffawing with laughter at him waving play on. 

The easiest 1 nil I've ever seen.

They had a 10 min spell where they tried to lump it into the box, got a couple of half chances off target, then nothing.

Maybe we could have scored more, we lacked a bit of cutting edge in the final third.  Albert came on and showed some good stuff, the absolutely fluffed a simple lay off.. which is a bit of a theme at the moment for him.

Grabban was a bit hit or miss, but he played good.

Jedi was great.  Won everything.

Chester was silky.  Turned their striker out his pants and is very calm.

Taylor got caught out of position twice badly.  But was ok apart from that.

Elmo played well, he loves that pass down the line don't he? Lol

Snoddy was quiet, lost the ball a few times but worked very hard.

Grealish was great.

Kodj was a bit isolated, but did well in bits and pieces. 

Motm by far was Whelan, everything he did was right. Ok, 1 or 2 stray passes, but nothing got past him, he intercepted, tackled, carried the ball a bit, made the right pass.  He was brilliant, well done!

• Like 2

I enjoyed it, I think we played well barring 45-60 ( thought the subs needed to be earlier) and above all I absolutely love the 110% from the players....credit to Bruce it’s been years since I saw a Villa side work so hard.

(generally not just tonight)

Edited by terrytini

Maybe the day less break in the schedule had some impact on both teams, 3 games in 7 days for both of us rather than the usual 8 days and everyone seemed a bit lethargic other than Grabban who must have covered every single blade of grass on the pitch.

Before tonight we have only had 3 games in 7 days twice this season, Once over xmas/new year and the other occasion was mid august but Tuesday game that week was the league cup against wigan and a lot of the players were rested then anyway.

3 points is all that matters but some poor decision making up front and a good display from their keeper made it harder than it should have been

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 2

Â