Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Match Polls  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/18 at 18:45

Not a fantastic performance but given the schedule recently I can forgive a few of the players who have been involved in most games looking a bit tired. Felt comfortable but will need to be able to step it up a gear for the playoffs.

Epitomised everything I cannot stand about Bruce. Our U23 side would have won that with ease. If we had pressed high up from the off and put them under pressure we could have scored 10. If he thinks we have a chance of second (which we don’t) then goal difference will be critical. Go up/stay down I want to enjoy football again. It’s bye bye Steve for me regardless. Totally stealing a living

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Yawn. We seem to be just going through the motions now, doing bare minimum. Leeds where shit, we slightly less shit.

Grealish was amazing though. Real class act. I just pray he stays whole for the run in. He should be rested next week, once it'll be clear automatic's gone. 

There are 8 days until the next match so no need to rest anyone. We need to get better before the play offs and ideally get our strikers scoring. 

Nice to get a win and clean sheet, but academic in the end  Let's hope we can still win games 1-0 in May. 

Edited by One For The Road

Chester MOTM for me, looked great today. First half we were good, second half we completely went to bits for most of it then got some composure late on. A better team would have made us pay for that, they shouldn't have had the chance though, we should have been out of sight.

Can only point the finger at Bruce for the way they came out second half, how many times has that happened under Bruce now? Seems to be too many games where the effect of the half time break is us just shitting our pants and going from back to front with one touch totally bypassing the middle of the park. I don't get it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was only able to watch the second half so can't really make a fair judgement of how we performed.

2nd half was pretty poor football from both teams but job done and 3 points.

I'll take it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

The Snodgrass hatefest I particularly didn’t get. I thought he had a good game.

FFS mate, tell me you're not serious? Don't think I've ever seen him that sloppy and lethargic. 

• Like 2

Total domination first half, absolutely shit 2nd half. Negative, boring and sat back. Ffs we were so in control, didn't need to sit back do much. Against a shocking Leeds side, go for the kill and get more goals. Sums up why this manager cannot stay beyond the summer regardless if we go up or not.  

• Thanks 1

Very valuable three points but Villa must be more clinical in front of goal.

I have to say though that Chester is by far the best defender in the Championship and not Terry. Chester was assured and absolute class yet again.

I’m not a fan of either Whelan or Onomah but they played well tonight and did what was asked of them. Kodjia also looked a lot stronger and is going to be vital should Villa not get an automatic spot.

So pressure back on Cardiff and Fulham.

Edited by striker
  • Like 4

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Sloppy yes, but he was not lethargic. He busted his gut at the end there to get back possession. Twice in fact. 

Was going to say that, he **** it up a lot in possession but he gave 100% and covered loads of ground

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Taylor kept getting dragged out of position time and time again

I actually think this was because of Jedinak not knowing where he should be positionally several times (kind of expected) and Grabban not tracking as much as Adomah usually would (also kind of expected).

He was also very comfortable on the ball towards the end of the second half. I was fairly happy with him.

Chester MOTM.

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Epitomised everything I cannot stand about Bruce. Our U23 side would have won that with ease. If we had pressed high up from the off and put them under pressure we could have scored 10. If he thinks we have a chance of second (which we don’t) then goal difference will be critical. Go up/stay down I want to enjoy football again. It’s bye bye Steve for me regardless. Totally stealing a living

I wouldn' say "stealing a living", but agree with not wanting him next season regardless.

Â