God of War

Chindie

In fairness I think it's fairly approachable to absolutely rinse - there's not much with huge skill requirements, it's just mostly endurance. The exception is a couple of optional things which are awkward, certainly initially.

Great game.

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Getting the itch now...

Must.not.buy.until.1.99...hhhuuergghhh

Honestly chap, it's **** ace.

I take back any initial misgivings I had. It really is a solid 9 out of 10.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Honestly chap, it's **** ace.

I take back any initial misgivings I had. It really is a solid 9 out of 10.

Lend it me when you're done! (throw you a tenner?) :):thumb:  

Yes? 

Good man! I love VT and it's brilliant inhabitants! :D:P

The boat is the real star of this game. It does an incredible job of building the world and characters that you're yet to see.

Finished it a few days back, the best exclusive I've played in a really long time. Can't wait for a sequel

6 hours ago, Rino8 said:

The boat is the real star of this game. It does an incredible job of building the world and characters that you're yet to see.

Finished it a few days back, the best exclusive I've played in a really long time. Can't wait for a sequel

If you haven't done so already, make sure you

Spoiler

Go home.

Theres a little bonus teaser if you do.

Finished the main story tonight, loved it, did not see the ending coming at all, really like the setting and mythology which for me worked better than the greek of previous games and even with the name dropping they didnt really lean on the heavy hitters (ill admit the majority of my norse knowledge comes from the thor films...) theres a lot of ways this series can go which is almost a shame because its going to take a looooong time to fulfill all the possibilities 

Spoiler

They teased the other realms, dont go egyptian, if kratos to japan and gave him a sword holy **** shit balls

Spent a bit of time in thr fog and doing the arena thing, not convinced i can be bothered, maybe just played a little too much of it this weekend and might revisit it in the week

Im now torn as to whether or not its better than horizon, i think story wise GoW but the combat in horizon was probably more enjoyable for me, both are great games 

The loot system they have going in here is pretty pointless.

For the most part any 'rare' armour upgraded is better than every single standard legendary going. For you to upgrade the legendary armours you have to grind so much that you've finished the game, entirely. You can spend 15 hours doing all the challenges to get the armour but then what? 

So tonight this game made me smash the camera on my phone.   It was in my pocket,  camera is 10mm square but it just happened to be the bit I hit with the controller. :bang:

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to save completing the story it until I'd done Niflheim and Muspelheim and killed all the valkyries... but I couldn't resist.

Took down the first two valkyries easily enough (I kinda cheated and looked online so I could do them in order of easiest to hardest) but then the third one was quite the jump in difficulty. Those unblockable attacks destroy me.

I've gotten to the valkyrie in Muspelheim so presumably I'll complete that when I can kill her. As for Niflheim, it's the most frustrating area in the game for me by quite a ways.

I'm not sure I'll stick with it long enough to grind enough to kill all the valkyries. My interest is starting to wane and I just got Shadow of War on sale on the PSN store. Loved my time with this game though. I'm an absolute sucker for Norse mythology.

Edited by Ginko

Niflheim is all about setting up your character to counter the effect of the area, and resetting the area whenever it spawns awkward enemies (i.e.Dark elves). Then just keep rerunning it until you can farm enough to get armour upgrades, which are the best armours in the game. It also helps to visualize the area's layout, which doesn't change.

The Valkyries aren't too difficult until the end. The end can go **** itself.

Make sure you get the bonus 'teaser' epilogue scene if you haven't already - 

Spoiler

go home after the game ends

It's a nice nod to finish things off with.

• 4 weeks later...

The Valkyrie Queen is the hardest part of the game by **** miles. You basically need to get lucky on a run. Resurrection stone might be useful too.

You lose nothing dropping it down to easy, and it's still **** hard then. I don't think there's a technique to it, it's just bloody hard and if you're unlucky or make a mistake, you're ****.

She is such a cheap spawny word removed, I've dropped it down to easy and changed to the health resurrection stone. Managing to get her down to half health, then I either make a mistake or am unlucky with what attacks she chains into. Seriously tempted to pack it in and move onto something else. 

after many failed attempts and several curses of **** off you spawny word removed I finally beat her. Not motivated to find all the collectibles or farm Niflheim for echoes to do the tears and finish all of the Musphelheim challenges.

Edited by V01
update

• 2 years later...

I have just started this tonight after a disappointing stab at one of the Batman games, which I just couldn't get into. 

Only did the first couple of levels that basically set the scene and really like it. Had read through this thread (avoiding the spoiler bits) and heartened by the positive remarks.

Will hopefully manage an hour or so tomorrow too. 

10 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I have just started this tonight after a disappointing stab at one of the Batman games, which I just couldn't get into. 

Only did the first couple of levels that basically set the scene and really like it. Had read through this thread (avoiding the spoiler bits) and heartened by the positive remarks.

Will hopefully manage an hour or so tomorrow too. 

Which one, out of interest?

God of War is a great game though, probably my GOTY for 2018. I've never played the previous games in the series as they seemed a bit cheesy, and hack 'n' slash really isn't my bag, but the 2018 game looked too good to resist, especially with the move to Norse mythology.

Really need to go back and finish that final bloody Valkyrie at some point, but I may need to New Game + it just to familiarise myself with all the moves.

• Thanks 1

Â