• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Bree (Tuanzebe 25)
    • Kodjia (Adomah 60)
    • Samba (Hourihane 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/18 at 18:45

Until the debacle of the last couple of minutes, I didn't think there was much in it in the first half.  Jedi was exposed for his lack of pace early when they hit the post, but otherwise neither team looked dominant to me.

Second half much better after Kodjia came on.  Despite another couple of attempts to give away the points, I thought we had the better chances.  Kodjia wasted a chance to feed a wide open Grealish in the box so he could try a shot at a tight angle himself, and Hourihane's poor first touch allowed him to miss what should have been a sure goal after Grabban's great pass.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, TRO said:

Clearly a carole king fan

Not particularly but the lyrics seem apt.  I've been saying all week that we would beat them now that it's too late. 

It was supposed to be the day we went 1 point behind them with a game in hand giving us a chance to pressure them into a collapse, now it's just irrelevant. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Apart from the most one sided 3-0 thrashing ever earlier this season and a motm performance from our goalkeeper today you mean :)

Aston Villa 1, Cardiff nil. Everything else is white noise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Late shift all week so had to follow by txtx as I will again Friday

Mathematical possible to get second . But very big odds. We have cemented play off position and should beat any off them over two legs. 

If we had to play Fulham twice, we would lose twice. 

Lets win the play offs, JT can go to Wembley again and lift another trophy, sign Sam, sign Snodders, sell or give away the dead wood, sack SB and spend some of Tony's money wisely

• Like 1

We need to play Grabban and Kodjia every game. Hogan shouldn’t even make the bench. What a pleasure watching two strikers last night who can beat a man, hold the ball up, shoot and pass.

There are some serious concerns about our central midfield still, but I’m a lot more confident going into the playoffs with a fully firing Grealish/Kodjia.

Really detest Cardiff for the way they play, dirty crap football and bully. They will finish 20th next year if they go up playing that crap

I have to say though I was really impressed with Bamba, wouldnt mind him as a CB here 

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

He wasn’t even the worse left back we played today 

I actually thought he was good. Sure he ran into trouble a couple of times but I think looks like a really good prospect particularly at centre back. He's big, strong, and quick. If he's going to play at full back he should be playing on the right and he can attack down the line - he lost the ball last night whenever he had to cut inside.

17 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I actually thought he was good. Sure he ran into trouble a couple of times but I think looks like a really good prospect particularly at centre back. He's big, strong, and quick. If he's going to play at full back he should be playing on the right and he can attack down the line - he lost the ball last night whenever he had to cut inside.

Have to agree, I think he is really promising, comfortable on the ball, positive and quite big and strong. He is making mistakes and is playing out of position - he'll learn. He reminds me a lot of Barry when he came through. 

12 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Getting Green up to speed could be big for us.

I dont think we have time for it tbh.  Hes been out too long to be ready in 4 games, even if he was ready for Friday.

Id also say that we may have a decent option already up to speed with Grabban.

I was concerned we would be out muscled, based on previous games.

not to be......despite Cardiff pulling every sinew to do so.

so, conclusion.....we can resist it. It depends on the urgency and intensity we approach the match with, assuming carrying knocks has not slowed us down in the poor performances.

last night i was proud of the lads.

ps i think Elmo won every aerial ball that come his way.....shows he can do it.

Edited by TRO

Bree wasn't expecting to play. He had 10 minutes to get changed, no warm up and then finds himself on the pitch 20 minutes later. It's no wonder he took time to settle. Second half he improved greatly and made some important challenges and interceptions. But yes at 20 we are assessing the finished article so he must be useless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Neil Warnock.

You can make the forename “Colin” with a slightly less endearing surname with the remaining letters...

very clever :) thanks

Â