New Manager Speculation

maqroll

14 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Henry (Only if Wenger as DoF), Benithez, Ranieri, Fonseca, or AVB I would be happy with as next manager!

... Also, Zidane's still looking for a club.

Jesus wept, fonseca is not leaving shakhtar playing champions league football for championship villa.

On 30/09/2018 at 15:24, Brentfordnylons said:

Think you should do a bit more research about how Brentford work.You honestly think Matthew Benham stops Smith implementing things?Wilder at Sheffield United hit the nail on the head when asked about being like Brentford he replied “we will need to employ 180 people”He won’t join you as he is part of a big structure that involves many people and you  could never replicate this or should need to with the resources you have as a massive club.Wonder how your fans would have responded to our start last season when we had no wins in first 9 games and were in the bottom 3 you are now 2 points away from us and it’s a doomsday at Villa Park ....incredible 

The thing is.....its not just results, albeit admittedly they play a huge part.

its the unconvincing football we employ, its the basic faults that are on display match in match out, nothing seems to be worked on the same issues just linger.

I think the expectation is a cop out....paradoxically it should actually be the driving force behind our performaces......players of the past like, alan evans, andy gray, peter withe, shaun teale.....thrived on expectation.

whatever is wrong at villa.....the fans it is not.....its about the one thing, that is right.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Every other team in England seems to be working with a similar structure and a lot more are doing better than us

Its difficult to quantify as some clubs may have a TD - but the manager still runs the show. Back in the days of Graham Taylor he had assistants coaches and scouts - but he was very much head honcho.

To me we have been very poor in selecting managers - so the chances of us selecting a good TD a good head coach - and them getting along -and complimenting each other is slim TBH.

Move heaven and earth and get a top class manager in everything else will follow.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Its difficult to quantify as some clubs may have a TD - but the manager still runs the show. Back in the days of Graham Taylor he had assistants coaches and scouts - but he was very much head honcho.

To me we have been very poor in selecting managers - so the chances of us selecting a good TD a good head coach - and them getting along -and complimenting each other is slim TBH.

Move heaven and earth and get a top class manager in everything else will follow.

The DOF sets the whole long term footballing strategy and this goes way beyond the managerial appointments.

With the rise of technology and data analysis the role of a DOF in the modern game is no longer a luxury, but an essential, integral element.

For example, player recruitment is by committee consisting of the DOF, manager, scouts and data analysts. Sports science is the same (DOF, manager, coaches, data analysts, physios, nutritionists etc).

The days of one man controlling all aspects of the club are gone and if clubs don't start using this modern approach then they will get left behind. Villa is in danger of falling back, with the likes of Leicester, Southampton, Wolves and even Brentford embracing modern methods and reaping the benefits of it. To use a mobile phone comparison, Villa is the Nokia 3210 while other clubs are iPhones. We need to get smart and do so ASAP if we are going to have any chance of competing at a high level again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

the Cardiff right winger won the most aerial duals by a player since Opta was invented. 23

:bang:

When was Opta invented? I bet it wasn’t around in April 2006 when Gary Cahill made his full debut against West Brom and dominated Kevin Campbell 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Apparently Bruce is leaving after the match tonight and Sami Hyypia is coming in, probably been covered, I don’t know 

That would be random to say the least