New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Frank De Boer is available....

sparkling job at Palace last season. Watching Jedi and Hutton playing out from the back as if they were at Ajax would be the highlight of my time supporting VIlla

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Henry (Only if Wenger as DoF), Benithez, Ranieri, Fonseca, or AVB I would be happy with as next manager!

... Also, Zidane's still looking for a club.

Cant see Zidane happening ?, nor benitez, unless he gets pushed out.  The rest i think are fair shouts.

42 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Henry (Only if Wenger as DoF), Benithez, Ranieri, Fonseca, or AVB I would be happy with as next manager!

... Also, Zidane's still looking for a club.

Henry - It'd be a fun journey, with non-negligible potential to go tits up, but it would be fun.

Benitez - More defensive rubbish... an absolute no.

Ranieri - Too sentimental, past it.

Fonseca - hmmmm, hmmmm... couldn't see him coming to manage a champo club. 

AVB - Broken, no.

Zizou - ?

8 hours ago, villakram said:

Henry - It'd be a fun journey, with non-negligible potential to go tits up, but it would be fun.

Benitez - More defensive rubbish... an absolute no.

Ranieri - Too sentimental, past it.

Fonseca - hmmmm, hmmmm... couldn't see him coming to manage a champo club. 

AVB - Broken, no.

Zizou - ?

F*ck it.  Sammy Lee it is then!   :D

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Frank De Boer is available....

he was actually unlucky at palace...they started to play some good football just before he was sacked. i seem to recall the last loss they had they absolutely battered the opposition (can't remember who) with 20+ shots and lost with an unlucky goal. he would need time to implement his style though which we a) dont have and b) wont give him

38 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he was actually unlucky at palace...they started to play some good football just before he was sacked. i seem to recall the last loss they had they absolutely battered the opposition (can't remember who) with 20+ shots and lost with an unlucky goal. he would need time to implement his style though which we a) dont have and b) wont give him

Or the players. His style needs 11 players comfortable on the ball. As @Zatman mentioned the likes of Jed and Hutton would really struggle. 

21 hours ago, romavillan said:

That's an awesome crystal ball there, so getting Allardyce would mean a succession of uninspiring 1-0s that take us up would it? I don't think anyone would moan if promotion was the end result. 

Interesting saying Allardyce would be better than having scouts, fitness coaches, nutritionists a head coach, training analysts etc. Getting all of that big list of appointments right would give us more stability than any old school manager could ever give us. We need the appointments above the head coach first IMO, but however they come is ok, look at every club bar none that is enjoying some success across europe, or that has done in the past 20 years and their "faceless" list will be well stocked with talent. Simple game or not.

We are aiming much lower down though - Warnock got cardiff promoted - big sam got everton out of the soup last season - - You can pick managers & clubs to suit any argument.

To me our demise lays in no small part to stupid managerial appointments , Garde, RDM, Sherwood - We need a managerial appointment that makes us go 'wow' - not one that makes us go 'hmmmmm might be ok' and then prop him up with a series of behind the scenes appointments. You can't fudge the managers position. 

I don't see a Technical Director and head coach working at Villa - I know times change, but our best managers have run the show from top to bottom,  Saunders, Taylor, Atkinson  - the whispers are though that we are going down the TD and Head coach route - lets see ....maybe I m just getting old...

25 minutes ago, hippo said:

We are aiming much lower down though - Warnock got cardiff promoted - big sam got everton out of the soup last season - - You can pick managers & clubs to suit any argument.

To me our demise lays in no small part to stupid managerial appointments , Garde, RDM, Sherwood - We need a managerial appointment that makes us go 'wow' - not one that makes us go 'hmmmmm might be ok' and then prop him up with a series of behind the scenes appointments. You can't fudge the managers position. 

I don't see a Technical Director and head coach working at Villa - I know times change, but our best managers have run the show from top to bottom,  Saunders, Taylor, Atkinson  - the whispers are though that we are going down the TD and Head coach route - lets see ....maybe I m just getting old...

That approach doesn't work these days. Not many clubs work like these days. You need money, a good network around you and great scouting these days to support the manager.

Those days of the Taylor are long gone unfortuantely.