New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Can't see it being Dean Smith, we will go for a Box Office appointment. Whether that would be the correct decision is not for me to say. 

They probably had someone lined up when they took over but they were just being polite to Steve Bruce. He ain't stupid, he knew he was on borrowed time from day one and when you are on borrowed time you tend to not give a monkeys.

• Like 1

This talk of Rodgers being unobtainable is nonsense. Just because Watford, Huddersfield or Brighton are in the premier league do you really think he would choose to be an also-ran with them over managing a big club like Villa with the 3rd richest owners in the country?! In two or three years we will have surpassed anything those clubs will have achieved. 

He was also extremely complimentary about us when mcginn signed so shows he holds us in good regard. I would go as far as saying he would jump at the chance to manage us and is a step up from the one club league in Scotland. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Steve Bruce's turgid Villa played Dean Smith's liquid football-playing Brentford only a couple of weeks ago and had 57% possession, surprised the Brentford fans aren't calling for his head at that rate...

Good point but Even in our best game in years( Bruce’s words not mine) we couldn’t beat them. Don’t even try to compare Bruce’s football with Smiths. We play good stuff occasionally Brentford are coached to do it all the time. Smith may not cut it here for multiple reasons but I’d rather give him the opportunity than watch more of Bruce’s crap. Dean Smith, Oscar Garcia are achievable. Brenda;n Rodgers would be the dream for me. I’d even sound out Dyche as Burnley have hit their ceiling. There’s loads of manager better than Bruce out there. Let’s get one. 

Appointing Dean Smith would be a disaster on the scale of Stoke appointing Gary Rowett. Villa are too big to be managed by these guys. Unless they have a trophy on their cv's you don't even consider then.

It matters not if they support Villa or are an ex player. Big b0ll0x players like Kodja Chester and Grealish are not going to listen to a Dean Smith rollocking. Look at the stoke players behaviour. Ashley Williams deliberately getting sent off. They don't respect Rowett. He might aswell be working behind the counter in eurocarparts.

Bredan Rodgers would be choice if the unthinkable happens.

I liked him ever since I saw that documentary on liverpool. When he gave Raheem Sterling a dressing down for back chat.

• Like 1

Ok, I admit it.  I am not Steve Bruce fan.  But in Bruce I do not believe.

Who could be our next manager?

Here is one list.  Some of them will never come, are too big.
We have to think big, but be realistic at same time.

Some of you want Sam Allardyce, I do not think he is our best choice.  This is at least my list, as stupid as it is.  But it is not that bad I put Bruce on it 

I would check Martin Schmidt.  He is experienced both by VFL and also Mainz 05.  He was promoted from Mainz 05 II to Mainz 05.  He is at good age, and want definitely greater carrier.  He is my first choice,  eventhough he has only "1,34 in average".

What about Ally McCoist, is he a bad choice?

Name Last Club Av.points
Ally McCoist Rangers  2,30
Laurent Blanc France 2,16
Hannes Wolf VFB Stuttgart 1,99
Frank De Boer Crystal Palace 1,96
Arsene Wenger Arsenal 1,90
Eric Gerets Al-Jazira 1,80
Claudio Ranieri Nantes 1,67
Peter Stöger Dortmund 1,57
Oleg Blokhin Dynamov Kiev 1,46
David Moyes West Ham 1,46
Sam Allardyce Everton 1,36
Helder Critavao Benfica B 1,47
Martin Schmidt VFL Wolfsburg 1,34

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reykjavik said:

Ok, I admit it.  I am not Steve Bruce fan.  But in Bruce I do not believe.

Who could be our next manager?

Here is one list.  Some of them will never come, are too big.
We have to think big, but be realistic at same time.

Some of you want Sam Allardyce, I do not think he is our best choice.  This is at least my list, as stupid as it is.  But it is not that bad I put Bruce on it 

I would check Martin Schmidt.  He is experienced both by VFL and also Mainz 05.  He was promoted from Mainz 05 II to Mainz 05.  He is at good age, and want definitely greater carrier.  He is my first choice,  eventhough he has only "1,34 in average".

What about Ally McCoist, is he a bad choice?

Name Last Club Av.points
Ally McCoist Rangers  2,30
Laurent Blanc France 2,16
Hannes Wolf VFB Stuttgart 1,99
Frank De Boer Crystal Palace 1,96
Arsene Wenger Arsenal 1,90
Eric Gerets Al-Jazira 1,80
Claudio Ranieri Nantes 1,67
Peter Stöger Dortmund 1,57
Oleg Blokhin Dynamov Kiev 1,46
David Moyes West Ham 1,46
Sam Allardyce Everton 1,36
Helder Critavao Benfica B 1,47
Martin Schmidt VFL Wolfsburg 1,34

Andre Villas-Boas please and with our new owners wouldn't be unrealistic

• Like 2

I doubt he will be sacked just yet but it won’t be much longer. He is on trial in my view. He certainly will not be afforded the ridiculous amount of slack that he has been previously. We are in the unfortunate position of watching a man self combust very slowly. 

The big worry is who we will get as a replacement. The talk of Dean Smith is terrifying. We have a squad full of big egos. They will require a bit of a name to get them to toe the line. Also, managing Brentford and managing Villa are completely different. We need a big manager, with a big ego.

Also, talk of Big Sam is equally as ridiculous. He is not all that different to Bruce! We have enough attraction, particularly with our new owners, to aim a fair bit higher. We need a big club manager, with proven ability, who can build a sustainable, successful club. Bruce and Sam are the ultimate short term managers. They both buy and cast aside players with ridiculous regularity. We need to go all out to get Brendon R for me. He really works with players to develop them. With our squad, he would have us cruising within weeks. 

For what it’s worth Jorge Mendes manager clients include Shakhtar Donetsk manager Paulo Fonseca. Looks a good coach. Andre villas-boas would also be good. Probably stand no chance with both however until you ask you won’t get. Who would of thought Bielsa and Leeds or Nuno and wolves. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I doubt he will be sacked just yet but it won’t be much longer. He is on trial in my view. He certainly will not be afforded the ridiculous amount of slack that he has been previously. We are in the unfortunate position of watching a man self combust very slowly. 

The big worry is who we will get as a replacement. The talk of Dean Smith is terrifying. We have a squad full of big egos. They will require a bit of a name to get them to toe the line. Also, managing Brentford and managing Villa are completely different. We need a big manager, with a big ego.

Also, talk of Big Sam is equally as ridiculous. He is not all that different to Bruce! We have enough attraction, particularly with our new owners, to aim a fair bit higher. We need a big club manager, with proven ability, who can build a sustainable, successful club. Bruce and Sam are the ultimate short term managers. They both buy and cast aside players with ridiculous regularity. We need to go all out to get Brendon R for me. He really works with players to develop them. With our squad, he would have us cruising within weeks. 

Totally agree.  This not only important, it is simply vital and crucial.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we should go for tried and tested manager with a good record, not a risk like Henry. What is Claudio Ranieri doing now? He got sacked by Nantes recently didn’t he, would he be gettable?

Henry is maybe to much risk.  Ranieri, if possible, would be a good choice.

22 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Appointing Dean Smith would be a disaster on the scale of Stoke appointing Gary Rowett. Villa are too big to be managed by these guys. Unless they have a trophy on their cv's you don't even consider then.

Should we give Zinedine Zidane or Jupp Heynckes a call

Its very arrogant to think we are still a big club

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

The idea of Big Sam fills me with dread. 

I don't think even he can sort out a defence with this personnel.  I think we are going to be buggered until January, then it'll be more signings.  Can't wait.  Bruce really has **** us over with this transfer window.