New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Get Rafa Benitez in.  Not going anywhere under Mike Ashley, closer to his fam in Liverpool, has won this league before.  Not to mention that once we get up, we will be loaded, with an ex Real Madrid manager in charge.

Or just chuck some money at Eddie Howe.  He must be bored by now.

UTV

Edited by philgetaway

Surely we are the kind of project that Benitez hoped for in Newcastle, only to be acquainted with the limitations of Ashley.

However I think Rodgers would be easier to obtain than Benitez. I doubt either would come here whilst we are in the championship, regardless of our squad.

I don't think Purslow will want a DOF. He will be hands on and has a good football knowledge. I don't believe he'll settle for anyone but an exciting quality manager to work under his control, so the appointment of the next manager should make a statement for AVFC. 

We need a coach now - someone to coach the players into a team. No more “man managers” or a “media obsessed” please. Come matchday I think I speak for the majority if not all Villa fans that want to see a team that look like they have actually worked in training and that don’t like look strangers. 

It's early enough in the season to make the change. Bruce has not done enough different to last season, in fact worse, to merit keeping him. I think Bruce will go and we'll have a few weeks to get the right face in - that is fine, it may just be enough to get us play-offs. 

Rodgers???  Did anyone watch that awful Being Liverpool series their club put out themselves?  Rodgers looks even more clueless than Bruce does, even with the club having Final Cut...  Look at this amazing team talk...  He's Mike Bassett Personified...  I don't want this clown anywhere near our club.

21 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Rodgers???  Did anyone watch that awful Being Liverpool series their club put out themselves?  Rodgers looks even more clueless than Bruce does, even with the club having Final Cut...  Look at this amazing team talk...  He's Mike Bassett Personified...  I don't want this clown anywhere near our club.

Yes he is David Brent, but we are in the land of the blind and he has a working eyeball.