New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Rodgers is well above us. He could easily get a Premier League job. Can't see him being remotely interested in us.

Which Premier League job?

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tottenham if Jose goes and Utd go after Pocc.

I think that move is on Rodgers' mind already.

Can't see that happening at all but it's just my opinion.

14 minutes ago, striker said:

Which Premier League job?

He got Swansea promoted and nearly won the league with Liverpool.

Think he could find himself shortlisted in any job outside the top 4.

6 hours ago, a m ole said:

Thinking about available managers, and listening to the most recent Football Ramble special.

What do people think about Carvalhal?

He won me over, but I'm easy :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

His football isnt the best to watch and very negative. Seems a decent initial motivator ala Sherwood but after bright start at Swansea it went downhill

Here's his reasoning behind it going downhill at Swansea:

• Bottom of the table, nobody wanted to come to last place club and have a relegation on their CV (Nicolás Gaitán & Kevin Gameiro had fees agreed but didn't want to come).
  • Losing Bony, Fer & Renato Sanches to long term injuries at the January transfer deadline or just after it had closed.
  • Jordan Ayew getting sent off against Huddersfield after 11 minutes and his subsequent suspension.

Considering he missed out saving Swansea by 3 points maybe it could be argued he deserves a pass? Podcast is definitely worth a listen though if anyone is interested.

14 hours ago, villa89 said:

No, he was about to join Bordeaux only he didn't get any guarantees about transfer budget. Also I doubt anyone is going to like an agreement where it's "we'll give spudface a chance but when he turns out to be shit like we think he is then we'll give you the job after the transfer window has just closed". 

or he was going to join Bordeaux and got a call from NSWE............ 'wait... you might be needed at VP'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Please can someone explain the Rafa love in as I can’t see it personally other than he won the champs league against the odds 13 years ago ..... surely he is just a slightly better  Spanish version of Bruce, moyes or allardyce. Genuine question as I’m intrigued..... 

He is also a waiter so will come in useful if we are short staffed in the Corner Flag!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Please can someone explain the Rafa love in as I can’t see it personally other than he won the champs league against the odds 13 years ago ..... surely he is just a slightly better  Spanish version of Bruce, moyes or allardyce. Genuine question as I’m intrigued..... 

He also prefers Joselu over Mitrovic. Mitrovic will come back and haunt him when he moves on for massive money from Fulham.

Rafa isn't as good as people think! makes plenty of mistakes inc signings. I would be dismayed if he ever turned up at Villa.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Big Sam cleared (sort of) and available. Not the manager we want, but an upgrade on Bruce.

I'd take Allerdyce, local to Villa so knows the clubs creed and let's not forget, bar some dodgy dealings (which I couldn't give to **** about) he was an international head coach with a very good record.

Definitely an upgrade on Captain drawalot.

• Like 1

Big Sam Allerdyce does love his analytics and of this I approve.  He is a proper student of the game and he spends a huge amount of time getting into the details.  The only problem I have with this is that like Bruce, he has never produced a team that I have enjoyed watching play football.  For all his study he has turned out fairly run of the mill, direct, physical teams, with the odd creative player thrown in to create something out of nothing.  An improvement on Bruce he may be, but when the first word that springs to mind for me to describe the way his teams play is turgid, I'd take a pass on him.

• Like 1

Big Sam is no different than Bruce. He will be a short term manager spending big on wages for over the hill players on last contracts while also playing crap football. He had one window at Everton and now they are stuck with 20 million Theo Walcott

Brendan Rodgers? ?

Hmmm, well he is making noises about not being happy.

Plus we have signed McGinn who he clearly wanted.  Now another Celtic target Makoudi looks to be on his way to us.  What if we're actually working on Brendan's list of targets, ready for when he arrives during the international break??!!!  It's the perfect strategy, it has to be true ?

I mean it's either him or... what's that other manager who seemed to be in for all the same players as us... 

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1