New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Do you want me to do it? Promise I won't play Jedinak at centre back, I'll tell them to stop hoofing into the channels and I'll play to the players' strengths.

I also used to be quite good at Football Manager

I think this is the best job interview I've ever given

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I would love us to go for Brendon Rogers. I think the owners that we have could sell him a vision and he has enough belief and arrogance to take it on. I think he would have us dominating matches within weeks.

I long for a manager with a confident and positive outlook. Someone who looks at the opposition and just thinks that we will win because we are better. Brucie makes you feel like you are playing Barcelona every week only to find out it is Hull!

I’m unsure about Brenda’s Rogers. Success in Scotland has never been a decent benchmark, even less so when the two horse race has for most of the time he’s been up there a one horse race. 

His time at Liverpool was generally the Luis Suarez show. Most concerning being that he was out smarted by that tactical genius Tim Sherwood. However that was the best fun I’ve had at Wembley for many a year! 

He gets credit for his time at Swansea, but I confess to not having studied Swansea very closely. I’m just not sure basically. 

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Do you want me to do it? Promise I won't play Jedinak at centre back, I'll tell them to stop hoofing into the channels and I'll play to the players' strengths.

I also used to be quite good at Football Manager

I think this is the best job interview I've ever given

You’re in!!

If i had to choose championship. Two managers I like the look of are wilder and Neil Harris. Both play good football and built sides on smaller budgets.

I definitely like Neil Harris the way millwall play is great to watch. Also makes them hard to beat at home.

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m unsure about Brenda’s Rogers. Success in Scotland has never been a decent benchmark, even less so when the two horse race has for most of the time he’s been up there a one horse race. 

His time at Liverpool was generally the Luis Suarez show. Most concerning being that he was out smarted by that tactical genius Tim Sherwood. However that was the best fun I’ve had at Wembley for many a year! 

He gets credit for his time at Swansea, but I confess to not having studied Swansea very closely. I’m just not sure basically. 

Good points.

For me though a successful swoop for Rodgers would speak volumes for the new owners, he won't be easy to get, he won't come cheap, and will take some convincing we and the new owners are the real deal - 

Just hope its not some rookie from the back of beyond, who has done good things at youth level or an assistant - Think the owners have to realise that getting a top bloke in won't be easy - but restoring villa (or any club) isn't easy - appointing a fresh faced out of work work rookie and chucking £20m at him won't cut it. 

For the love of everything holy please at least take a look outside the Isles when considering a new manager.

I hear they've made some real progress even outside the commonwealth. 

• Like 3

Just now, sne said:

For the love of everything holy please at least take a look outside the Isles when considering a new manager.

I hear they've made some real progress even outside the commonwealth. 

I raise you - Houllier, Garde, venglos  - just from our club.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I would love us to go for Brendon Rogers. I think the owners that we have could sell him a vision and he has enough belief and arrogance to take it on. I think he would have us dominating matches within weeks.

It would take about 3 months to get his style of play adapted to the current squad. He would actually need a pre-season to amend our style

The thought of Jedinak playing out from the back actually scares me

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I raise you - Houllier, Garde, venglos  - just from our club.

Wow! 

That's 3! Almost as many as the average Blues fan has fingers.

Can't be many left out in the world then?

And if such esteemed owners and football geniuses can't find better than that lot there surely are none.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Has anything come about (from owners etc) for there to be such activity in here, or is this because we got knocked out of the cup?

Probably not how they do business,broadly proclaiming the manager is on borrowed time or such.

Guessing from the fans point of view it's because we got knocked out of the cup, and the 90 something games leading up to it.

Or it could be, you know.

HYSTERICS!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2