New Manager Speculation

maqroll

7 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Bielsa, Hiddink, Allardyce, Pellegrini, Sanchez Flores, Guidolin, Heckingbottom. 

Probably the wierdest shortlist ive seen some utter shit, some that will never come and some without any experience in England!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Would be a massive upgrade on Steve Bruce.

I hope so. Because nobody else on your list is going to come here if we're in the Championship.

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I hope so. Because nobody else on your list is going to come here if we're in the Championship.

Guidolin would come. Flores is worth enquiring about. Espanyol are 15th in La Liga and there's been a lot of talk he isn't happy there. 

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we dont go up my list would be

Smith, Harris, Wilder, Wagner (if he leaves Huddesfield) carvalhal (if he leaves Swansea) 

You laugh at my list @Michael118 yet you want Heckingbottom who has done less than all of those!  :D

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Probably the wierdest shortlist ive seen some utter shit, some that will never come and some without any experience in England!

Well they have that going for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heckingbottom has been at Leeds for 2 months and 7 of his 11 matches so far have been against top 10 teams including Wolves and Fulham. 3 of the other 4 have been against teams battling against relegation. 

Leeds failed to win any of their last 7 before he was appointed, which included matches against Birmingham, Nottingham Forest, Ipswich, Hull and an FA Cup loss to Newport County.

Give him some time. I think he can be successful there if they have some patience with him.

10 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Heckingbottom has been at Leeds for 2 months and 7 of his 11 matches so far have been against top 10 teams including Wolves and Fulham. 3 of the other 4 have been against teams battling against relegation. 

Leeds failed to win any of their last 7 before he was appointed, which included matches against Birmingham, Nottingham Forest, Ipswich, Hull and an FA Cup loss to Newport County.

Give him some time. I think he can be successful there if they have some patience with him.

So he did a crap job managing a crap team, and now he's doing a crap job managing an average team.

• Like 2

Bruce > Heckingbottom

Quite why anyone would want to replace Steve Bruce with that clueless twunt  at Leeds United is beyond me. Heckingbottom is total garbage

• Like 2

On Sunday, April 08, 2018 at 22:11, holteend1982 said:

Some of these suggestions are already rediculous, rafa benitez, one of the top managers in Europe. Sean dyche on verge of taking Burnley to Europe. I like the idea of Dean Smith but I don't see why he'd take this job, huge expectations and fans will be calling for pep guadiola to replace you after 7 games if you haven't won the league already. 

Fans are reasonable if they see something infront of them that looks and is played like football. Smith would give us that. I think we would go up a few gears in our tempo, we can be painfully slow and pondorous on the ball going down. He deserves it. Only gonna take brentford so far.

Heckingbottom is the worst suggestion I'm yet to see, I'd rather zola. 

I'm a fan of keeping Bruce but if we were to fail In promotion and he was to leave I think we'd be looking at a few years rebuilding and looking at promotion so I wouldn't mind Danny cowley of Lincoln and his brother coming in and giving it a shot rather than another old tried and tested manager. 

8 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Heckingbottom is the worst suggestion I'm yet to see, I'd rather zola. 

I'm a fan of keeping Bruce but if we were to fail In promotion and he was to leave I think we'd be looking at a few years rebuilding and looking at promotion so I wouldn't mind Danny cowley of Lincoln and his brother coming in and giving it a shot rather than another old tried and tested manager. 

Not for me, a manager from Lincoln City should not be managing our club next. If as you say we have faith with a manager who can rebuild for a few years I would go with Dean Smith. He somehow even when his better players leave, manages to make them even better. 

He seems to be good in the transfer market as well. Also he is very passionate and understands the size of the club. 

• Like 1