New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Regardless of what happens re; promotion IMHO for me we need to be ruthless and let Bruce go. No **** about... 

it wil give the new incumbent as much time as possible to assess the squad and make the neccesary changes to the squad as required.  However I'm sure Round & Wynes will make the nessecary excuses about progress & continuity and how hard Bruce works and what a pleasure he is to work with blah blah blah. Can't stand watching our once great club being systematically left behind by bad decision after bad decision. At least we have an innovative new shirt supplier to replace the one who couldn't wait to see the back of us I suppose. 

Edited by thabucks

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If he flops there he will go down in their eyes. If I was Terry instead of being a manager there be a coach of the u18s so you have a job there for life 

If he was a manager and gets sacked he wont be welcome as he is now 

Multi millionaire John Terry doesn't need a 'job for life'. He's used to being the best. If he's going to try his hand at coaching/management, he'll want to do it at the highest level.

Having said that, I wouldn't be shocked if he decided to try to cut his teeth here rather than trying to get in the running for a gig at Chelsea with no experience.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Cheeky bid for Roberto Martinez? Surely he'll be bored of working with those amateurs in Belgium and wanting a fresh challenge after their little cup competition.

No no no. Awful manager. Would be very much like RDM, play half decent stuff but defence would be a joke 

• Like 2

Since Brucey will keep us in the Championship for next year what about the Cowley’s from Lincoln City? Got the right attitude, can get the right stuff out of cheap players, seem to be decent at picking the right squad for the right game. Up an coming etc?

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

When Terry starts his coaching career it will be at chelsea, no chance of it being here. 

He might want to cut his teeth with us for 3 years

2 hours ago, Chewie said:

Since Brucey will keep us in the Championship for next year what about the Cowley’s from Lincoln City? Got the right attitude, can get the right stuff out of cheap players, seem to be decent at picking the right squad for the right game. Up an coming etc?

It does look like these guys have a great future ahead of them - however if we don't go up this year the pressure to go up next season magnifys itself  and I'm not sure two rookie's would be best placed to fix us - part of me can see what you also see mind .

• Like 2

22 hours ago, maqroll said:

Terry as player/manager?

Think it will be be Terry or Bruce.

Just want us to think long term. Would love us to actually define how Villa play, and appoint a series of managers who play this way. We are not Barcelona, but that's what they did from Cruyff onwards. We have youth teams who are all footballers, who then leave us because we don't play football, and go on to have better careers elsewhere. If we don't want to play football, get rid of ohare etc and appoint  Allardyce etc. If we have these players we need to appoint a footballing manager, and actually sign 2 full backs with pace. 

Finally, let's get rid of this bum!

We need someone with a keen knowledge of football. Not this pfm rubbish of Bruce and his ilk. It'll likely be a longer term job and hence someone who can build the club up, properly integrating the youth set-up into the first team is key... and we should at least try to play football.

8 hours ago, villarocker said:

Why would Clint Eastwood want to manage the Villa?

For a fistful of dollars? ;)

That's an idea that could either be brilliant or terrible or even end up in a totally hideous situation. 

Basically I can see a the Good, The Bad and The Ugly in it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That's an idea that could either be brilliant or terrible or even end up in a totally hideous situation. 

Basically I can see a the Good, The Bad and The Ugly in it. 

I hear he’s a bit of wheeler dealer, like dirty Harry Redknapp