New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on your underwhelming consensus of almost every quality link we have had we may as well resign Bruce.

Wenger it out of Football management, I really don't get why it would be so mind-blowing for him to take up am in office job as Director of Football here ffs.

So because I don't see us signing Wenger or Fonseca, we may as well hire Bruce?

Ok let's see if we get either of those and if we do I will admit I was wrong. As long as you do the same when they don't sign. 

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Ok let's see if we get either of those and if we do I will admit I was wrong. As long as you do the same when they don't sign. 

Huh? I have in no way said I think we will get them, especially since one is currently in the Middle of A Champions League campaign. 

Aside from that, your general consensus seems to usually be "squad is overrated and shit" "we will be lucky to be mid table" and almost every link above Dean Smith, David Moyes, or Brendan Rodgers level you seem to think is Dreamland.

I'm grateful you are not an adviser to the board as you would deflate any optimism they ever had for ambition.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

It's not a game of told you so but seriously, the low expectation levels of some of our fans you'd think we where Torquay Utd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes baffling to want good for the club - Silly me.

I meant Barry Fry.

So you believe things because you want to?

I believe things based on reality.

I want the best for my club too. Does that mean I should believe we are going to sign Messi?

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Probably to avoid the following media shitstorm

Correct. There’ll be 3 foot long camera lenses trained on the directors box tomorrow. I hope whoever it is, if he exists yet, hires a few look alikes for the day and sends them to watch ? 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Huh? I have in no way said I think we will get them, especially since one is currently in the Middle of A Chamoions League campaign. 

Aside from that, your general consensus seems to usually be "squad is overrated and shit" "we will be lucky to be mid table" and almost every link above Dean Smith, David Moyes, or Brendan Rodgers level you seem to think is Dreamland.

I'm grateful you are not an adviser to the board as you would deflate any optimism they ever had for ambition.

I am realistic. Half of our squad IS rubbish.

The defence. 

And we will not be signing Fonseca or Wenger.

What have a said that you disagree with?

I am telling it like it is. Its about having realistic expectations of where we are as a club right now.

Edited by One For The Road

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I want the best for my club too. Does that mean I should believe we are going to sign Messi?

Can he play centre half?

1 minute ago, New_Hope said:

Rui Faria in talks to be manager according to Dave Jenkins on Twitter...isn't he normally reliable?

it is twitter so not sure if he could be that reliable. Thou Nixon did tweet about him earlier today too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I agree with you that Wenger looks like a stretch.

But I would admit too, that last summer when we were first linked with Bielsa I was similarly dismissive, on the back of Steve **** Evans and Paul **** Heckingbottom it was utterly ridiculous nonsense to even give 1% credibility to one of the most respected coaches on the planet arriving at ER. But arrive he did, because the owner went all in for him, and it was "a project" which he thought looked an exciting challenge. Don't entirely dismiss the idea your owners might find someone with a similar view.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's not a game of told you so but seriously, the low expectation levels of some of our fans you'd think we where Torquay Utd.

We have signed McCleish, Garde, Sherwood and Bruce as managers in recent years. Whhat exactly should our expectations be this time?

Anyway I'm done with this. Let's see what happens.