New Manager Speculation

maqroll

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I know, I quite like Hawksbee & Jacobs but they tend to be more of a comedy show than anything serious, Just makes a change for most of them including muppets like Adrian Durham saying that  amove to Villa in the championship would be a good move for someone with Rogers CV and current job rather than just crying because we sacked Bruce

I'm having a wee laugh as there was a thread on hibs.net a while back about talksport and the consensus was exactly that.  Hawksbee and Jacobs are good but the rest of them are clowns that just like to create controversy. 

Adrian Durham every night used to practically encourage pressure on managers by pointing out poor records,  better alternatives etc..... then he'd turn round and say it was shocking they were getting put under pressure.

I think Villa would be a good move for Rodgers as well though,  he's achieved all he is likely to at Celtic and it's obviously not all great behind the scenes there (probably not helped by a certain John Mcginn),  he's probably unlikely to get a Premiership job again as he's not Portuguese so a top end Championship club is likely to be his best route back into Premiership football.   (I realise what i'm saying is similar to what Talksport were saying but i'm allowed to say that as i actually watch Scottish football)

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve seen Mcliesh, Sherwood, Garde and RDM.

Nothing suprises me about the Villa anymore. 

Will state that I have an illogical love for Sherwood, and also add that I actually think RDM would have had us promoted in half the time as Bruce if he got the time and same backing as him.

• Like 1

Moyes is nowhere near as bad as Bruce. Lets face it, he got utd job and has a better record than those who have came after whom had alot more cash.

The reason why I and majority of Villa fans don’t want him is because of his dour football. For over 10 years we have had to endure terrible football. Is it not to much to ask to play some attacking attractive football. If we still get beat, at least it will be watchable.

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

is anybody but me a little suspicious when fans of other clubs post who they think we should hire?

The conspiracy theorist in me also wondered if we should even be taking the advice of Mendes seeing as he is pretty much tied to Wolves!

Would be an easy inside hit job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

is anybody but me a little suspicious when fans of other clubs post who they think we should hire?

Yeah like Dean Smith.  Don’t get the love in whatsoever but maybe im stupid 

Betting odds mean nothing to who will be the manager. They just respond to wild speculation and rumours to want people put money on.

I also can't see Celtic letting Rodgers go to us even if they have having a bit of a quarrel. Not mid season. I would suspect that Rodgers would hope to get a prem job as well, perhaps somewhere like Southampton or Cardiff when they sack their managers in  a few months.

The press are literally just randomly suggesting names now, but talk of Wilder from Sheffield is one just added to the list and my Utd mate would be gutted if he went. Forever waxing lyrical about what he's built with limited resources. Based on that and the tonking they gave us, I'd have to say I'd prefer him over media Muppet Thierry Henry any day. 

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Betting odds mean nothing to who will be the manager. They just respond to wild speculation and rumours to want people put money on.

I also can't see Celtic letting Rodgers go to us even if they have having a bit of a quarrel. Not mid season. I would suspect that Rodgers would hope to get a prem job as well, perhaps somewhere like Southampton or Cardiff when they sack their managers in  a few months.

How far can he really take either club?  Let’s face it the ceiling for them both would be mid table premier league and even that would be a massive achievement for Cardiff.

With us he could be sold a long term project and assurances to be back considerably if get us back to the Premier League.