New Manager Speculation

maqroll

If Moyes is appointed I predict a veritable shower of vegetables from all corners of the ground for his first game.  It will take them a half hour clean up to get the game under way and probably end up with something sprouting on the corner flag next Spring.

My personal opinion is that we should offer it to him and when he accepts say "Actually, Nah"

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

If it’s going to be Moyes then someone needs to get on the phone quickly to Bruce and tell him we’ve made a mistake and all is forgiven. 

If it's going to be moyes i'm going to open a greengrocers in Aston.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Have has a bit of talksport on the past couple of afternoons and they all seem remarkably positive on Rodgers, basically saying he would almost be daft not to come as it must be boring as shit at Celtic, It's starting to go a bit wrong after winning 99% of games over the past couple of years and we have loads of money, a good chance of promotion and some serious ambition.

I wouldn't give too much credibility to anything Talksport say when it comes to Scottish football or anything they say about it.

They've always been pretty ignorant about it and i doubt very much if they've got their finger on the pulse when it comes to what Rodgers is thinking.

FWIW i think he'd be a good appointment for you.

6 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Dwight Yorke wants it... as in desperately wants it.

Jesus **** Christ, it's true. Every damn time, back he comes like a dog to its vomit. Will he never get the hint?

Dwight, you are a moron. You can barely compose an intelligible sentence, you have zero relevant experience and you have no reservoir of goodwill to draw on here. We don't even like you, you word removed, I would rather we employed your son. Just **** off, will you, you will never, ever manage AVFC, however long you live.

And better yet, guess who he has talked to about the role? Tactics Tim, that highly-rated Villa legend. :crylaugh:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6244693/Dwight-Yorke-applies-Aston-Villa-job-following-dismissal-Steve-Bruce.html

Dwight Yorke applies for Aston Villa job following dismissal of Steve Bruce

• Former Aston Villa striker Dwight Yorke applies for vacant manager's position
  • Villa are on the lookout for a new boss following dismissal of Steve Bruce 
  • Yorke played for Villa between 1989 and 1998, scoring 97 goals for the club 

By Jeorge Bird For Mailonline

Published: 16:16, 5 October 2018 | Updated: 16:16, 5 October 2018

Villa, who are in 13th place in the Championship, are on the lookout for a new boss after sacking Steve Bruce this week.

Yorke, who has worked as a pundit, is interested in the position.

Former Aston Villa striker Dwight Yorke has applied to become the club's new manager

Yorke told Sky Sports: 'It's a job I'm 100% interested in, I've made it very clear I'd like to speak to the football club. Whether that happens or not I'm still waiting on a telephone call.

'I've made the necessary move and I've sent in my CV and I'm actually trying to make contact with the chief executive of the football club so I'm doing everything on my side to make sure I'm given that opportunity to speak to that football club.

'I've seen the club go from a very strong club in world football to where it is at the moment. I've felt that the club do need something a bit new.'

Aston Villa caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald revealed that a replacement for Bruce is likely to be appointed by October 20.

Yorke disclosed that he spoke to former Villa boss Tim Sherwood about the club.

He said: 'I've spoken with Tim and asked him what was the matter with the club. He gave me an insight into what he might have failed on and not got right, so having that knowledge from Tim does give me more of an insight in what is needed at the football club.

'Aston Villa need something new. I played for them and understand the club and understand what the fans expect. I feel I can bring a winning mentality back to the football club.'

Yorke played for Villa between 1989 and 1998, during which time he scored 97 goals in 294 appearances. He went on to join Manchester United, with whom he won the treble in 1999, and also had spell with Blackburn, Birmingham, Sydney FC and Sunderland.

The 46-year-old's only previous coaching experience was when he was assistant boss of his native Trinidad & Tobago between 2009 and 2010. 

Other candidates for the Villa job include David Moyes, Thierry Henry and John Terry. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hibsfan said:

I wouldn't give too much credibility to anything Talksport say when it comes to Scottish football or anything they say about it.

They've always been pretty ignorant about it and i doubt very much if they've got their finger on the pulse when it comes to what Rodgers is thinking.

FWIW i think he'd be a good appointment for you.

I know, I quite like Hawksbee & Jacobs but they tend to be more of a comedy show than anything serious, Just makes a change for most of them including muppets like Adrian Durham saying that  amove to Villa in the championship would be a good move for someone with Rogers CV and current job rather than just crying because we sacked Bruce

4 minutes ago, Hughes said:

And; it's a standard.....

:lol: If we have provided the accommodation then that will give him an idea of the regard we are holding him in and where he is in the order of preference.

I've just seen Dwight Yorke being dropped off by a club rep at The Salvation Army Hostel.

4 minutes ago, privateer said:

Jesus **** Christ, it's true. Every damn time, back he comes like a dog to its vomit. Will he never get the hint?

Dwight, you are a moron. You can barely compose an intelligible sentence, you have zero relevant experience and you have no reservoir of goodwill to draw on here. We don't even like you, you word removed, I would rather we employed your son. Just **** off, will you, you will never, ever manage AVFC, however long you live.

And better yet, guess who he has talked to about the role? Tactics Tim, that highly-rated Villa legend. :crylaugh:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6244693/Dwight-Yorke-applies-Aston-Villa-job-following-dismissal-Steve-Bruce.html

I would rather have a cute, cuddly little Yorkie, as long as someone kept her well groomed.  We could let her "do her business" on the pitch.  Dwight would do that too, I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

If for some reason we were only allowed to pick between David Moyes & Dwight Yorke i would honestly go for Yorke.

Has Yorke got coaching badges or ever even managed?

Genuine question, as he literally throws himself into the hat EVERY single time our manager is sacked.

If Moyes was appointed it would be a case of "out of the frying pan into the fire" You would have to be totally lacking in recent English football history to make such an idiotic screw up! Our new owners are a lot brighter than that.

NSWE know that the fans have got to be brought onboard with our new manager appointment. Moyes would be about as popular as Vladimir Putin at a Salisbury board of tourism meeting!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

If Moyes was appointed it would be a case of "out of the frying pan into the fire" You would have to be totally lacking in recent English football history to make such an idiotic screw up! Our new owners are a lot brighter than that.

NSWE know that the fans have got to be brought onboard with our new manager appointment. Moyes would be about as popular as Vladimir Putin at a Salisbury board of tourism meeting!

I’ve seen Mcliesh, Sherwood, Garde and RDM.

Nothing suprises me about the Villa anymore. 

• Like 1