New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 hour ago, newhavenhibby said:

His number 2 is of course Gary Parker who some of your slightly more mature fans will remember from the Villa sides of the 90s. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I must have watched him play dozens of games, and I don't remember the bloke for the life of me. 

This might jog your memory?

03C3F23F000005DC-3023975-image-m-90_1428

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Not sure Nathan Jones would count as a major name. Also AVB can be backed at 20/1 so not sure he’s the man. Actually Arteta too is widely available from 8/1-20s so maybe that rules him out. 

Could be than Nixon knows nothing of course we will find out soon enough. 

Was 34/1 about 10 minutes ago. Who's been lumping money on? :D 

Nixon’s record on. Villla has been awful for years - he is based in Blackburn and deals with north west football  - unless the new man is from that area too , maybe someone with north west connections ?

6 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

He's a good coach but he's deeply religious and believes that everything he does is governed by "God's will". That worries me a lot!

So we would have god and the future king in our corner.....sounds all right to me!

23 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Nixon’s record on. Villla has been awful for years - he is based in Blackburn and deals with north west football  - unless the new man is from that area too , maybe someone with north west connections ?

David Moyes, Big Sam or Steve Kean ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I must have watched him play dozens of games, and I don't remember the bloke for the life of me.

One of my favorite players growing up and when football was on weekly tv in late 80s he always scored winning goals for Forest. I met him once at Children’s Hospital just after he signed for us. He did slightly bette at Forest than he did for us but Parker was very good player.