New Manager Speculation

maqroll

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

From the pre match presser it sounds to me like the appointment won’t take long. MacDonald sounds confident saying the new man will be in by the next league game. Even by next week potentially. 

Yeah he also said when Purslow rang him to take charge temporarily that Purslow also stated to him that they hope to make an appointment “reasonably quickly”. Sounds like the they know who they want to me..

• Like 1

Moyes now odds-on at PaddyPower and Betfair (5/6). Odds-on usually infers there is some serious evidence to support the result. I'd guess Moyes has clearly stated his desire for the role, and that he's been seen in discussions with the board. However its pretty much evens, so probably no evidence yet to suggest they are accepting his application, and he's probably now their banker if nothing better materialises. With no evidence of anything better, he's therefore moving into odds-on territory. 

58 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Please tell me this Moyes chit chat is bullshit. 

Now odds on favourite with Betfair.

I know these are small and very speculative markets, and it doesn’t take much to move the odds, but I hope the people betting are just fools and don’t actually know anything.

I know it is very unlikely that he is even on NSWE's radar, but there is no way that I would want Moyes at this club.

Why? Because we were not good enough for him in the past. He turned us down when we were in the Prem. We were not good enough for him. If we were not good enough for him then, he is not good enough for us now. I Don't want us to be his consolation prize now that his stock has fallen. We are Aston Villa, we are not someone's second choice.

I would take Pardew or Fat Sam before Moyes.

Moyes is absolutely bottom of my acceptable replacements for Bruce list, just below Holloway!

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 4

Cabbages at the ready. .....I don't think any manager will make the mistakes Bruce did   Apart from KMac who will start with the same team Bruce finished with, as he did when Lambert left, if my memory serves me correctly.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Cabbages at the ready. .....I don't think any manager will make the mistakes Bruce did   Apart from KMac who will start with the same team Bruce finished with, as he did when Lambert left, if my memory serves me correctly.

And when Sherwood left.  Can't see him doing anything different from Bruce.

I have a feeling that our new manager is currently a free agent.

I don’t want it to be, but I think it’s Henry or Carvalho.

Problem with Carvalho is that he sets his teams up to defend not attack. The football was incredibly boring at Sheffield Wednesday which was why he got sacked.

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

apart from the 6 changes  he made ,  you are absolutely correct  :)

Edited by tonyh29

It is not going to be Moyes or Big Sam or anyone of that ilk. No effing way. These owners we now have are aiming much higher and my bet is on someone which has not even been mentioned here yet. Someone completely surprising with an international pedigree and who likely will drive this place into meltdown (not that it takes much  for that to happen at VT), for better or for worse. That, or they have lined up a combo of Henry and Wenger.   

• Like 1

In reality, Moyes may be the best we can do. This has been an enjoyable few days of Fantasy Football, selecting the manager of our dreams but effectively the choice of Champions League or Championship is always going to favour the former not latter.

Plus the club is a financial basket case and has a rather unbalanced squad.

Plus a proportion of fans are so up themselves they think it is appropriate to throw cabbages at their manager and then to celebrate doing so.

So the best we can do is probably a damaged old hack like Moyes etc. or an inexperienced hopeful like Henry.

Maybe I’m wrong. 

I await Mr Purslow’s solution with eager anticipation.

• Like 1