New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Given the target date set for the appointment, I’m guesssing our next manager is working with a national team.  I did not say it’s definatey Thierry, but someone with similar commitments over the international break. 

• Like 3

If it's Moyes I may just have to stop watching football. Can't we finally get a manager who wants to play attractive football? Moving from Bruce to any of Moyes, Allardyce or Mccarthy is just a pointless sideways move. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Razor said:

If it's Moyes I may just have to stop watching football. Can't we finally get a manager who wants to play attractive football? Moving from Bruce to any of Moyes, Allardyce or Mccarthy is just a pointless sideways move. 

I feel the same way

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Because he is a manager without a job, but I guarantee our owners have no intention of even interviewing him. Same goes for McCarthy and Osorio. 

TBH i would be a bit disappointed if we didn't at least look into and possibly interview Osorio. I think he would be miles better than both of the others you mention but what do I know

51 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Given the target date set for the appointment, I’m guesssing our next manager is working with a national team.  I did not say it’s definatey Thierry, but someone with similar commitments over the international break. 

Wonder if it might be Osorio? I know he just moved to the Paraguay job but still IMO would be a pretty good shout. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Razor said:

Well said. Quoted on the very slim chance someone from the club reads message boards and might mistakenly think any of these old boys would be welcomed by fans or effective at the club. Big Sam is the best of that bad bunch but any of them would surely drive away even more fans. Really we have waited years and endured crap for a decade or more now, a manager who sets us up to play attractive football is not that big an ask.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

I see the "he's got 4 promotions so he'll get us promoted" fallacy has been replaced by the fallacy of "we need a modern manager who plays attractive football to get the best out of our talented but repressed squad" (which is massively overrated fwiw).

A 'modern manager who plays attractive football' sounds good in theory but in reality the chances of our owners picking one with actual quality is slim at best. All the while we have 2 genuine top 10 quality Premier League managers as candidates (Ranieri and Allardyce) who will most likely be ignored over a ridiculous concept of 'style'. What a joke.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I see the "he's got 4 promotions so he'll get us promoted" fallacy has been replaced by the fallacy of "we need a modern manager who plays attractive football to get the best out of our talented but repressed squad" (which is massively overrated fwiw).

A 'modern manager who plays attractive football' sounds good in theory but in reality the chances of our owners picking one with actual quality is slim at best. All the while we have 2 genuine top 10 quality Premier League managers as candidates (Ranieri and Allardyce) who will most likely be ignored over a ridiculous concept of 'style'. What a joke.

They are both shit. Next. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Hold on, I though it was Fonseca and I was meant to be highly embarrassed for saying otherwise?

I'm confused. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Blimey mate, do you have any positivity at all regarding Aston Villa?

How do you mean? Platt has treated the club with contempt since he left. 

Its very well documented.

And tbh, there isn't anything positive coming out of this club and hasn't been for a long while. So in answer to your question, not at the moment, no.

I'm a realist and it's served me very well in life, I don't wear claret and blue tinted glasses and think we are better than we are, that we have superstar players and that we are getting Wenger as manager. 

In fact, I am almost always right in what I predict regarding the Villa and yet still get comments like yours thrown at me. 

I tell it like it is and some people don't like that. They prefer to have their head in the clouds. Which is up to them tbh.

Anyway.....

I only pointed out that contrary to your point about players being touched by the club, my favourite ever Villa player doesn't share that view. (Which I despise him for)

That's all.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 3