New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t know if you’re joking or not but it’s not a bad idea at all, could set a precedent 

No I wasn’t. It will happen in the near future. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Anyone from Allardyce, Moyes, Pardew etc would be a let down.

Yup, it'd be very, very hard to stay enthused by the new owners' project if their first real act is grabbing one off the conveyor belt of 'proven' mediocre managers.

• Like 1

From this:

Relaterad bild

To this:

Relaterad bild

Yeah, no thanks. 

Moyes is broken. The players at Man U called his training methods outdated and the less said about his career since the better.

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup, it'd be very, very hard to stay enthused by the new owners' project if their first real act is grabbing one off the conveyor belt of 'proven' mediocre managers.

Exactly.

Exciting, new, rich owners. And they just appoint the same old same old.

Again, someone like Allardyce or Moyes could probably get us up. But I wouldn't be getting excited about it.

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's part of me that thinks Moyes MIGHT get us up.

But it would be such a deflating appointment. To have new, rich owners and for them to just appoint one of the usual suspsects.

Anyone from Allardyce, Moyes, Pardew etc would be a let down.

At least it's a realistic target. Not been many of them mentioned in this thread so far.

It will certainly be interesting to see who we do end up getting after all the talk of Wenger, Zidane and Fonseca.

I'd take Moyes over Henry if it came down to a choice of those two. Purely on the basis that one of them has actually been a football manager and the other one hasn't. Henry would far too great a risk 

Still think it might by Smith.

Edited by One For The Road

1 hour ago, cbr600rr said:

im with you on many points but huddersfield built the package with nothing to loose, avfc is ready to go, its wheels are bigger than any club in this league,

when SA was at ham/everton his objective was to stay up, he did this.

take a close look at boro tuesday.. while villa were doing their thing v preston..boro under pullis were grinding out a 2-0 victory, its not pretty but its they NOW to get out this league.

thats the sort of manager thats villa needs, i just done see some of the list doing the same.

if pullis were to be manage the villa,, could you honestly see preston pulling it back? no chance.. firstly he would not have 3 right backs in defence & a load of wingers in midfield.

theirs for & against every manager.bruce track record was great to get out this league,, he failed, close but failed,

this club does need change, we all know that, maybe  smith might be a better option long long term but can villa wait? can ffp wait? ..simply no.

villa need a no frills get out this league manager

I don't think your views/ claims can be ignored.....but after Steve Bruce there is no appetite for it.....its all been too cautious.

my guess is they will try to emulate the Wolves Model.

The problem with your method, if you miss out, it becomes a dull journey.

I understand your view......but Wolves still had a decent goals against record.....in order to get promotion, you have to do both.

Steve Bruce this season, assembled a back 5 that is not dominant, that cost him imo.....it had a knock on affect to the rest of the team.

21 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

If you count the second division in France it already has happened, been and gone, with Corinne Diacre at Clermont Foot. 

True, but technically it was Helena Costa, but she left after a month.