New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Just now, holteend1982 said:

Maybe exaggerated but still, look at how everyone was loving Bruce when we was on our good run, the second anything goes wrong we start slating again. Bruce can still achieve promotion yet all we see is fans wanting him out. 

Only a few want him gone right now. Maybe 2 or 3. Most are happy to assess his position once the season ends. 

Just now, Jareth said:

Looking forward to your 'assessment'.

Very kind of you. I'll send you a PM just before i post it. In honour of yourself i will include the phrase "more or less" at least 3 times. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Very kind of you. I'll send you a PM just before i post it. In honour of yourself i will include the phrase "more or less" at least 3 times. 

Seems a bit long winded. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

but why would he want to come to Villa? Probably 12 Premier League clubs would kill for him to be a manager and probably another 30 in Europe in better place than us

Why the hell did he go and even stay at Newcastle? Stranger things have happened. 

34 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Maybe exaggerated but still, look at how everyone was loving Bruce when we was on our good run, the second anything goes wrong we start slating again. Bruce can still achieve promotion yet all we see is fans wanting him out. 

I don't think everyone was loving Bruce. I think most people realised we were winning games by the odd goal and Grealish was making a big impact.  It was still fine margins. 

I admit not many people expected should a drop in form though.

huge gameble so one we may not take , John Terry - couple of loan players from Chelsea + promote some of our kids + get rid of Onomah   = Promotion

though I think he'll go and cut his managerial teeth with the youngsters at Chelsea 

I'd like Eddie Howe , I suspect we will get Big fat Sam as he comes with the guarantee of promotion ,just like Steve Bruce did :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mellberg is a good shout but can he handle the job thats the question. i also dont want it to ruin his legacy here as he is a villa legend 

Liked him as a player but legend ? For me legends are people like McGrath and little - mellberg was a good player for us but no way a legend 

• Like 3

Vahid Halilhodžić just became available after being fired by Japan for some reason.

Perhaps he'd be tempted to go back to club management and try his wings in England :)

But I expect he'll go home to manage Bosnia, pending FA politics of course.