New Manager Speculation

maqroll

7 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I also think Arteta has a big future in the world of management.

He is simply learning from the best there is at the moment.

Steve Bruce and Alex McLeish learned from the best manager of his time. Hardly a ringing endorsement ;) 

16 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I also think Arteta has a big future in the world of management.

He is simply learning from the best there is at the moment.

I would be surprised if we ever considered him to be our manager because many would consider him a big risk.

I think that Arteta would think it a big risk to take over at Villa Park.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Arteta is becoming a very decent coach. He may not have the individual management experience, but he would certainly be a step up on the training ground to our present incumbent.

Sarcasm is a poor reply to poster's genuine opinions.

How do you know ?

With the biggest budget in football, and one of the worlds best managers, worlds best players  - his scope for cocking it up is somewhat reduced ! 

Reminds me of Fergie at Manu whenever on of his assistant or coaching team the experts were telling 'what a loss' ....'fergie won't be the same' - Fergie got a new bloke in and carried on as before- the departing coach or assistant manager, largely bombed at his new club.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think it's more likely that Guardiola will hand City over to him in a year or two, a bit like with Tito Villanova at Barca.

I’m not convinced that Man City is Guardiola’s to hand over to anyone. 

2 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

What’s Villas-Boas up to after he quit the Dakar rally? Reckon he would look proper suave in a long sleeve Luke polo. 

If not I see Luke makes shiny jackets so we might be able to persuade alleged Villa fan Cesare Prandelli to come here?

Mens Quilted Jacket

Although I imagine he moved on from them a least 5 years ago. He did make them popular thou.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

We are loaded **** it let's try and tempt Antonio Conte!

Go on Sawaris and Edens :):D

Or once Mourinho gets the bin at Man Utd, we could tempt him over? 

Let’s see if ‘Pulis with money’ can do it without the money!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Or once Mourinho gets the bin at Man Utd, we could tempt him over? 

No thanks.

Mourinho @ Chelsea mkI then yeah all day long, but the Mourinho of today who is now a shadow of himself from those days then no.

I do not want his misrable persona or management anywhere near Villa Park irrespective if he's a big name and totally unrealistic, it's still a no.   :)

I'd keep tabs on Jack Ross (Sunderland) and Dean Keates (Walsall)

Both are very good manager's and tacticians and will both go on to better things!

Been very impressed with both if we either went down the Young, Hunger route for Manager rather than established these two are worth a look.

Looks like Keates got his A Licence other week and only 40 years old.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1