New Manager Speculation

maqroll

19 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am not so sure it's a huge risk, or a bigger risk than others. People thought Bruce was a non-risk appointment. Turned out differently. 

Well, no, it didn't. I don't think many will say Bruce achieved what we would have wanted BUT we are two points off the playoffs and seven off first place. So that's kind of non-risk. A risky one that goes wrong, we have ten points less right now and are looking at League 1. Don't think it can't happen.

I actually have faith they will get someone good in and this isn't even a comment on Henry, but sometimes I think we forget it can always get a lot worse!

Just now, villa4europe said:

my biggest reservation about rodgers is these hoes aint loyal, he will get back in to the top 6 before we will, promotion followed by a half decent season in the PL and you can wave him goodbye

That’s ok if he gets us up I couldn’t care less

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i was just thinking whether or not appointing pardew would see mcleish-esque protests down VP, i would put MM in that conversation too

Wait a minute, MysteryMan is making a return?! 

On a serious note, I want a modern forward thinking coach, who is tactically switched on, adaptable and attack minded. 

Please NSWE get this one right!

• Like 2

Just now, villan-scott said:

Wait a minute, MysteryMan is making a return?! 

On a serious note, I want a modern forward thinking coach, who is tactically switched on, adaptable and attack minded. 

Please NSWE get this one right!

here here mate!

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my biggest reservation about rodgers is these hoes aint loyal, he will get back in to the top 6 before we will, promotion followed by a half decent season in the PL and you can wave him goodbye

Oh my god. 

You mean someone else might pay US for our manager. 

What kind of witchcraft would that be? 

• Like 2

I've gone Thierry Henry,

A punt of course as he's not managed before and i voted for him only if he was supported (Which surely he would be even if it was "behind the scenes") by Wenger. Tactically he sees things many miss as i would expect from being in the "World superstar" bracket. The top people in any walk of life tend to get to the top because they have that extra effort and attention to details which others often don't even know exist. If he could come in and transmit that to the players then it could work.

With our squad it's clear that we need someone with a crystal clear game plan and a great tactical knowledge. If we can add that to the undoubted quality players we have things will surely improve. We are not that badly placed despite the dire results being only 2 points adrfit of playoffs and with all the big boys still to play that means we have a good chance of catching them if we can sort things out quickly.

My only concern is as he would likely see us as a mere stepping stone however but then isn't everything in life temporary?!

Not sure about Dean Smith although i like he's a Villa man.

As for the others, Terry would be interesting and may just be the man to pull us together....Player manager anyone? Only trouble is he is just way too Chelsea orientated and would be off as soon as they came calling.. but i guess that means he would have done well here so...

As for the others?

Allardyce? No

Flores? Unsure

Rodgers? Too arrogant

McCarthy? Please no.. Bruce mk11

Billic? Too West Ham and simply no connection here

Other than that it'd be Interesting to see who Mendes would come up with of course

Edited by danceoftheshamen
punctuation error

I love these new manager threads. It gives us a few days or weeks when we can have pie in the sky dreams that our next manager will be the new Pep Guardiola before reality sets in after the appointment has been made and we realise we have the next Alex McLeish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Not sure what your point is here.

Everytime we sack a manager or are getting a new owner, people on VillaTalk always say "well ANYONE is better than Lerner/Lambert/McLeish etc"

And usually, the next person we get IS worse. 

I'm glad Bruce is gone. But there are a LOT of managers we could get who could be worse.

• Like 3