New Manager Speculation

maqroll

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Off topic but JG was s fraud. He was the equivalent of Sherwood. He took over a top 6 Squad and was backed to the hilt financially yet all he managed was one FA cup final and left us with a load of overpaid over rated English players. 

If he was such a good manager where is he now? The appointment after Little was one of our most important in Premier league history and we blew it on John bloody Gregory! 

Nonsense, I remember a stat from the time.. if you took the results from his first 38 games across the 2 seasons it was enough to win the title. 

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Nonsense, I remember a stat from the time.. if you took the results from his first 38 games across the 2 seasons it was enough to win the title. 

Brian Littles team plus very big money spent in his first summer. Yet we got worse each season he was in charge. 

Anyway it’s for another topic. 

BRUCE is OUT

RODGERS IN!!!

28 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I also think that our owners are envious of wolves and their methods that got them promoted.

I cannot see our next manager being from the same league.

I also cannot see them appointing someone fairly new into management.

They are going to try to entice a high quality manager to come here with the help of Jorge Mendes.

I think this is what will happen.

23 minutes ago, romavillan said:

People need to stop with this, he's the head coach, Brentford are set up like a modern club, they make the big decisions as a group, DOF, head coach, head scout and CEO. If Smith comes here, we are looking for a DOF, we've just sacked all the coaching staff and the scouts, I'd say that smacks of creating a modern structure, exactly the type of structure Smith is in and doing so well with on limited resources.

The way Brentford play and recruit is not down to DS.

They have two DOFs.

A technical director.

He has an individual development coach, analysis team and two assistant head coaches..

He has not created a vision for Brentford he is part of it.

Yes Dean Smith brings something unique to his job otherwise he would not be their head coach but many fans reasoning to why DS should be appointed are factors that he is not responsible for.

If DS left Brentford, they would still play the same way and recruit the same way.

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 1

On holiday in Tokyo right now. It’s 2am and I don’t know if it made the news back home, but we were rudely awoken by a severe earthquake alert at midnight which terrified the crap out of everyone, though we didn’t feel any tremors.

My lady and I searched online for news and contacted the hotel reception. Apparently it was reported as being a lot higher on the scale than it really was and it was off the coast a little away from the city. All seems to be well.

The one bonus of this whole ordeal (aside from there not being anything to worry about ‘quake-wise, of course) is that I’m awake to learn of Bruce’s departure. I’m not entirely sure the earthquake and the termination of his contract are related.

Thanks for trying Steve. He sounds like a nice bloke and I wish him well, but he was never my choice and I never saw us going up and staying up under his management.

Now’s the perfect time to change the club’s approach completely. If we can appoint a forward-thinking man higher up and get a younger more tactically astute coach in to get us playing good football, we’ll be on our way.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

A man with a plan please

Current manager of Panama is Gary Stempel, formerly community outreach officer at Milwall. He enjoyed his greatest success as at club level in a four-year spell as manager of San Francisco, a Panamanian football club, during which he won five league titles and two championships. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The way Brentford play and recruit is not down to DS.

They have two DOFs.

A technical director.

He has an individual development coach, analysis team and two assistant head coaches..

He has not created a vision for Brentford he is part of it.

Yes Dean Smith brings something unique to his job otherwise he would not be their head coach but many fans reasoning to why DS should be appointed are factors that he is not responsible for.

If DS left Brentford, they would still play the same way and recruit the same way.

They would still TRY to play the same way according to the vision of the sporting directors, the head coaches job is to train the players so they actually CAN play that way. 

Just the sort of thing we need right? Seeing as we've totally cleared out all teh football side of the club I'd imagine the sporting director/DOF position would be wanting to implement a "Villa way" just as Brentford have the "Brentford way". I'd imagine a talented young head coach would fit right in.