New Manager Speculation

maqroll

4 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

One would assume that their chosen candidate has given the green light and said yes, or else why sack him now? Why not wait one more game till the international break? Imagine we'll see an appointment early next week, or maybe even by the weekend and said manager will be in the stands watching?

I think that NSWE have acted now because a result against Millwall would make it more difficult to sack Bruce media wise if Bruce was given another match in charge and three points were gained.

Their minds were rightly made up so now was exactly the right time to sack Bruce and his whole team of coaches after a series of unacceptable performances.

6 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa/next-permanent-manager

Dean Smith the early favourite with the majority of bookies.

I originally thought he'd be a good option but the more i thought about it and the setup at Brentford i think he'd be out of his depth here.

Pardew on that list as well ?

giphy.gif

Edited by AshVilla

2 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I think that binning the whole coaching set-up there must be someone already done with coaches available.  I hope!

Yeah it's the CEO of National Express ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Off topic but JG was s fraud. He was the equivalent of Sherwood. He took over a top 6 Squad and was backed to the hilt financially yet all he managed was one FA cup final and left us with a load of overpaid over rated English players. 

If he was such a good manager where is he now? The appointment after Little was one of our most important in Premier league history and we blew it on John bloody Gregory! 

He has just won the league!!

(In India. Lol)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Off topic but JG was s fraud. He was the equivalent of Sherwood. He took over a top 6 Squad and was backed to the hilt financially yet all he managed was one FA cup final and left us with a load of overpaid over rated English players. 

If he was such a good manager where is he now? The appointment after Little was one of our most important in Premier league history and we blew it on John bloody Gregory! 

not even remotely true

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Voted for Rodgers but think there's absolutely zero chance of it happening. Regardless of how big of a club we are for the Championship he won't be going anywhere beneath the Premier League.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

It;s going to be a very tough job for whoever is becomes our manager.

Our defence is fractured.

If we bring in a possession based manager we may struggle earlier on because we don't really have defenders that can play from the back.

We have players suited to different styles of football in one squad thanks to Bruce.

Looking like another rebuilding process.

• Like 1

Brentford don't have a player on more than 10 grand a week and look where they are and how they play. Give Dean Smith our squad and all our wishes will be granted.

Edited by USA_Villa
spelling
  • Like 2