New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

At least Henry hasn’t been found guilty of racism by the FA or shagged his team mates missus but yeah let’s forget about his indiscretions after one alright season for us shall and pretend they didn’t happen.. 

You don't fancy Terry as manger then? ?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rodgers can get a premier league job he isn't achievable unfortuantely.

Chris wilder or Neil Harris 

We'll be a premier league team next year if he joins us. Better than messing around in a 1 horse race for a year.

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

You don't fancy Terry as manger then? ?

NO !

Player given our current situation ... yes .... manager no... at least Henry has coaching experience, and at a WC no less.....

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure Brendan Rodgers and his massive ego isnt

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rodgers can get a premier league job he isn't achievable unfortuantely.

Chris wilder or Neil Harris 

To be fair some of these managers buy into overall ambitious PROJECTS, not just the present.

Not unheard of.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair some of these managers buy into overall ambitious PROJECTS, not just the present.

Not unheard of.

It's fair to dash any overambitious dreams when you're owned by Joe Bloggs, but Christian Purslow doesn't take a job at a club without money and ambition. Managers are the same, they can see the long term picture - in fact it is spelt out to them from day one. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Agreed, but we would have just limped on.

There is no hope with managers like this. I want to enjoy football.

I think he has more upside than people think. Bolton were great to watch under him. He really hasn't had an extended stint at a club where he's been properly backed. I thought it was going to happen for him at Crystal Palace, Everton or for England but all 3 were cut short. It could be an inspired choice if he's serious about the job. 

Edited by Michael118

Brentford won again. 20 shots today, 6 on target with 55% possession with their best striker suspended. Sold one of their best players in the week and have an average age of 23. Solid performances week in and week out even with selling their best. 

Please call Dean Smith tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Love him or hate him, when senior ex Villa players, and respected ones such as Taylor last week start publicly calling for it, you lose the away fans and seemingly the players, only one way for it to go

But he has more lives than a Black Panther, so let's see.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, USA_Villa said:

Brentford won again. 20 shots today, 6 on target with 55% possession with their best striker suspended. Sold one of their best players in the week and have an average age of 23. Solid performances week in and week out even with selling their best. 

I've heard the name thrown around a lot, this is the first insight that has my perked my interest.

2 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

and how much of that do you think is down to Dean Smith ? 

Big Sam is the only realistic and also good option I can think of off the top of my head, though he's an arch pragmatist even compared to Bruce so it'd be interesting to see how well it'd go down with some of the fans.

Rafa or Rodgers would be great but there's no chance of either anytime soon if we're being sensible, and I'm really not arsed with any Henry shouts or even a Dean Smith type. If we're being honest a tiny, tiny minority of Villa fans would be willing to show the patience that would probably be required if one of those types were to get the job considering that would mean an even longer period spent in the Championship.

Watch Bruce turn it around anyway after the international break but if it transpires that if we're looking for a manager soon I think Allardyce will end up being sought after.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Love him or hate him, when senior ex Villa players, and respected ones such as Taylor last week start publicly calling for it, you lose the away fans and seemingly the players, only one way for it to go

But he has more lives than a Black Panther, so let's see.

Its when not if - don't see much beyond Bristol City away 28/9 TBH - The new signings might buy him a bit of time - but not much. - Dug his own grave with outgoing loans of Elphick and especially Steer. 

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Big Sam is the only realistic and also good option I can think of off the top of my head, though he's an arch pragmatist even compared to Bruce so it'd be interesting to see how well it'd go down with some of the fans.

Rafa or Rodgers would be great but there's no chance of either anytime soon if we're being sensible, and I'm really not arsed with any Henry shouts or even a Dean Smith type. If we're being honest a tiny, tiny minority of Villa fans would be willing to show the patience that would probably be required if one of those types were to get the job considering that would mean an even longer period spent in the Championship.

Watch Bruce turn it around anyway after the international break but if it transpires that if we're looking for a manager soon I think Allardyce will end up being sought after.

Jesus no.  I want to love the way we play again!

• Like 1

Just now, holtend4life said:

Dunno, how much of it was down to him at Walsall?

Not sure - but they only finished mid table - and so have Brentford - (where the players are purchased for him) 

Think he would be disaster TBH - be surprised if he last beyond the seasons end. - and think CP will think bigger - Billic as the default option 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

and how much of that do you think is down to Dean Smith ? 

Well we've seen what happens when you throw a bunch of players on a pitch and ask them to work it out themselves.

Dean Smith is a coach that has a philosophy on how his team should play, prepares them, coaches them, and consistently has his team playing good football and performing above where you would expect them to be. I want some of that.