New Manager Speculation

maqroll

5 hours ago, John said:

So much for promotion then. Georgie Bingham on Talksport just said we could end up in League Two. What qualifies her to reach a conclusion like that? She went on to add that she hopes she's wrong before talking about the calorific content of her first ever Burger King meal namely a ? chicken burger. Sorry I just needed to share what I had the misfortune of hearing on what claims to be a sports programme. I will leave her talking about her big six clubs and avoid her shows at all costs from now onwards. I'm fuming and feel like telling her where to shove her 1,500 calories a day but ringing her sad show is probably what she wants.

I can’t listen to Georgie Bingham - she makes my ears bleed. 

also can’t listen to Danny Kelly, who seems to fill in on most shows and then talk over whoever is being interviewed.

talksport is bear-baiting for radio... say something outlandish and wait for those premium calls (mainly from drunken Scots) flood in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

If you look at it realistically, then Bruce is the ideal manager in a lot of ways . Experience, Success, History to get a team up from the Championship, so either stick with what we have, and possibly give him some funds, or go for a big name, and hope it works, choice is yours.

I do like Dean Smith though

He's done so well in his 2 seasons here, why not give him another go eh?! ?

I would take several managers over Bruce. Henry, Terry, AVB, Arteta, Smith

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Screenshot_20180722-143044.png

Blimey. It could happen now couldn't it? I'm terrified and a bit excited. I know there have been comparisons to Zola but what, what if Henry brings us super sexy football and success? He probably could take this squad, trim a few, add a few and change the way we play. We have some good young technical players. 

Also, it has been said the owners want to focus on the academy - why not bring in a philosophy in a season where we're not expected to get promotion? Yes I'm fickle as fooook. 

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Nigel said:

Henry may be a brilliant coach but we need more than that, Bruce's role is like an old school manager, involved in far more than just the on  pitch duties.

Hopefully the new guys put a better process in place that a good coach can come in and do just that, but it's too early atm. 

If that’s true, all the more reason he should go.  He was more culpable than we thought for last years disastrous decisions. Besides most of his defenders last season argued he was doing the best he could within the limitations and restrictions placed on him.  Are you saying he placed those on himself?   Or did his extra duties just revolve around catering choices?

11 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

If that’s true, all the more reason he should go.  He was more culpable than we thought for last years disastrous decisions. Besides most of his defenders last season argued he was doing the best he could within the limitations and restrictions placed on him.  Are you saying he placed those on himself?   Or did his extra duties just revolve around catering choices?

Maybe, but you cant replace him with someone who is ill equipped for the job at hand.

It does seem a big coincidence that someone gives up a huge Salary for doing feck all just at the same time one of the biggest clubs in world football gets partially taken over by some rich folks. I don't think he fancied the Arsenal job cos he thought following Wenger was a hiding to nothing. Whereas here he would be following Bruce, who lets face it ain't no Einstein when it comes to progressive tactics and free flowing football. It would be a massive risk (on both sides) but one that could have big positives for everyone. I'm undecided as I just want some stability, but I also want to be excited.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Henry would be a huge gamble. 

Im all for a gamble. Bruce was suppose to be the safe option and he's failed and played boring/defensive football in the process.

I'd just like a new manager with some fresh ideas and hopefully we play better football for it.

I would prefer Vieira or Arteta to Henry. I had the pleasure of watching Henry many times and he was a magnificent player but he's never stood out to me as a pundit and has done nothing yet in coaching or management.

Let's be honest if it wasn't for his playing career noone would think he was at all qualified for the job.

Henry could seriously be a masterstroke or colossal failure.

However I think we've been crying out for someone we could mutually grow with.

He is younger, and by the things I've read he actually has a brilliant footballing mind and knowledge.

Not your typical " I was a player so I can be a manager now".

Should have eyes for a player and lots of connections even at a lower level.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Not the greatest barometer, and not overly relevant when assessing his potential as a manager but I’ve always thought of him as an awful pundit.

I still would be excited if he was appointed though. 

Edited by villanmac

Get the right coaching team around him and Henry could work. Gullit had zero managerial or coaching acumen when he took over from Glenda at Chelsea.

Be amazed if he was to take the job though.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I’d love him as an assistant or on the coaching team but straight in as manager? Nah, there’s peaks and valleys in this league and we need a general not a Boy Scout.

I'm thinking this might be closer to the actual set up and there are things we don't know yet. ;)