Pre match

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

From what I remember of the first tie, Cardiff play blood & guts football.  Lung burst forward and try to terrify the opponent at every opportunity.  Which seems to be working (or I'm completely wrong).

That's a nice way of putting it, they are also total filth from what I've seen, over the ball, leaving a foot in, trying to hurt players. Be great to stuff this lot but I can't see it, we've bottled the last month and the one thing you need against this lot is bottle. If we win and results go our way there is still hope, but we'd have to do something special tonight that would fly in the face of everything we've seen post Wolves.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

That's a nice way of putting it, they are also total filth from what I've seen, over the ball, leaving a foot in, trying to hurt players.

You'll always get that from Warnock teams, but it shouldn't be rocket surgery to overcome it.  Looking at the league table however, it does seem to be above everyone bar Wolves (and probably Flum).

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Be great to stuff this lot but I can't see it, we've bottled the last month and the one thing you need against this lot is bottle. If we win and results go our way there is still hope, but we'd have to do something special tonight that would fly in the face of everything we've seen post Wolves.

And very true.  If the wrong Villa turn up tonight they'll be disgraced.  Cardiff played well against Wolves and they will be well up for righting what they deem to be a wrong - and against the best opponent imaginable to do it against.  Please please let the good Villa turn up.  Just look to the U23s for inspiration lads :thumb: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

Johnstone

Elmo        Chester                 Terry         Taylor

Whelan                Hourihane

Grealish

Snodgrass                                                         Kodjia

Grabban/Hogan

In my opinion, Kodjia would be ineffective on the wing, he needs to be the main man

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, Kodjia would be ineffective on the wing, he needs to be the main man

Not surprisingly Kodjia has looked well short of match fitness when he has come on so I wouldn't play him in this game. Cardiff's centre backs will be expecting an easy evening marshaling Hogan so I'd play the more physical Davis to hold the ball up allowing the Villa midfielders to run beyond him. 

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

Not surprisingly Kodjia has looked well short of match fitness when he has come on so I wouldn't play him in this game. Cardiff's centre backs will be expecting an easy evening marshaling Hogan so I'd play the more physical Davis to hold the ball up allowing the Villa midfielders to run beyond him. 

Agreed, what about Grabban? Don't forget about him

Threre is one good omen.  The ref is Jeremy Simpson.  He has refereed us 3 times this season and we've won them all.  4-2 v Norwich, 1-0 v Bolton & 1-0 @ Sheffield United.

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

Threre is one good omen.  The ref is Jeremy Simpson.  He has refereed us 3 times this season and we've won them all.  4-2 v Norwich, 1-0 v Bolton & 1-0 @ Sheffield United.

Simpson. I will not forget that name.I am not sure that is a good omen considering we are playing Cardiff tonight.

He put in the worst display I have ever seen when we beat Bolton, they kicked us all over the park, grappled at every goalkick, tripped, wrestled, dragged, pulled shirts and we didn't get a single decision. Knowing how Cardiff play tonight is going to be an absolute shambles.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d be tempted to drop Grealish. Bring in Davis, Jedinak and Whelan. 

**** trying to play football, let’s just make sure Grealish isn’t injured for the play offs.

I’d take a draw.

When do we ever try to play football ?;)

• Haha 1

Tonight is not a foregone conclusion, but we must find from somewhere, something to give them FEAR.

We have to disrupt them just like we did against Wolves....That day they had no answer to Jack and Albert.....Albert finished Danny Baath for the season and Jack just asked so many questions in the middle of the park.

They were well and truly rumbled.

We have to try and do that tonight......any of the stand off and melancholy stuff and we are dead.

I just want them to come out fighting.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was only joking mate. Last few weeks have been depressing but still got watch.

Nope, I'm off to the pub for a social evening with a mate to enjoy the city - liverpool match. If I am pleasantly surprised when I check the villa score at the end, then great, otherwise, my blood pressure needs a break from following villa directly for the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

image.jpeg.2fe63b1ed826c5a4aafeb2876d91f009.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There’s plenty to be excited about.

We aren’t as bad as some currently feel we are, nor are Cardiff as good, nows the chance for revenge for that horrible day in August.

We can inflict a big blow on Cardiff’s momentum. 

We could recapture our own Mojo and set ourselves up for the next 6 weeks.

We could see Warnock explode again lol.

Bring it On, Villa 4-2

• Like 1