Pre match

Demitri_C

Hopes for the game.

Villa produce a performance that suggests to us that, should our paths cross in the play offs, we could match and beat Cardiff.

We pick up zero injuries.

Kodija continues to get up to match fitness (hopefully he scores too).

Warnock throws a strop again.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

No. I genuinely don’t care if we get promoted or not. I don’t see what we’d be playing for in the Premier League aside from avoiding relegation. It would take a ridiculous amount of money to genuinely challenge the top six, and it’s money we don’t have. We might finish seventh. Might. It’s not enough to fill me with any enthusiasm or excitement. 

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on this forum... You are actually annoyed that should we go up we won't challenge the top six...

This season is all about getting out of this league before we begin to hit financial ruin. 

The over-reaction to missing out on automatics is absolute madness. Granted we should have been acheiving 1st or 2nd this season but we are still going to be going into the playoffs with a chance of promotion this season.

• Like 3

Tonight is all about clawing Cardiff back for Fulham to overtake them, along with trying to hit some form going into the playoffs. If we draw Cardiff in the playoffs over two legs I feel we have a chance, Fulham on their current form will blow us away.

Johnstone

Elmo  Chester  Terry  Taylor

Jedinak

Snodgrass Grealish Hourihane  Adomah

Davis or Grabban

Elmo and Taylor have been poor, unfortunately we have no one to replace Taylor with and we need Elmo to start hitting form as he links up well with Snodgrass when on his game.

Jedinak in to deal with the height advantage Cardiff have.

Davis or Grabban up top, I think we play better football with Hogan in the squad but we have no intention of playing to his strengths and so he is wasted. If we are going to continue launching long balls we might as well give Davis a run of games and see how he handles it.

• Like 1

Chester I hear can play left back. id consider trialing it tonight and have axel at CB. Taylor was absolutely hopeless against Norwich. 

As tempting as it is to start Kodjia I would have him still as bench. Drop adomah tonight as he has been really awful last few weeks and send a message poor performances wont be rewarded with a start 

18 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

No. I genuinely don’t care if we get promoted or not. I don’t see what we’d be playing for in the Premier League aside from avoiding relegation. It would take a ridiculous amount of money to genuinely challenge the top six, and it’s money we don’t have. We might finish seventh. Might. It’s not enough to fill me with any enthusiasm or excitement. 

I would be bloody ecstatic if we were to finish 7th.

• Like 4

Johnstone

Elmo        Chester                 Terry         Taylor

Whelan                Hourihane

Grealish

Snodgrass                                                         Kodjia

Grabban/Hogan

• Like 1

Our on-going problem is that we rely on our midfielders to score all of our goals.

Thankfully Snodgrass/Adomah/Hourihane have all come up with the goods this season. I think each of them have more goals than our entire strikeforce combined don't they?

Hogan is just never going to work for us, Grabban is a jack of all trades, master of none and Kodija has been injured for far too long, its a miracle we're even pushing for automatic places.

The fat lady is warming up the old vocal cords right now and I have a feeling she's going to be signing tonight on our chances of finishing 2nd.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

I think he will rest Terry tonight after his knock against Norwich and the games coming thick and fast. Risky I know, but don’t want him to burnout. 

Win tonight and it creates a bounce and a buzz again which we need heading into the playoffs. It’s just a shame it’s not a huge game to close the gap to one point. The fans and players need to pick themselves up quickly. 

I have a feeling we will be alot better than Saturday, I just can't see Bruce tolerating another pathetic performance like Saturday again. 

46 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I think he will rest Terry tonight after his knock against Norwich and the games coming thick and fast. Risky I know, but don’t want him to burnout. 

Win tonight and it creates a bounce and a buzz again which we need heading into the playoffs. It’s just a shame it’s not a huge game to close the gap to one point. The fans and players need to pick themselves up quickly. 

He should put terry on the bench as a resting precaution. aexl is a big CB and he will be bale to handle the big physical aspect. i think jedinak will also start this one 

8 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Colin to outfox Bruce at every turn and deliver a humiliating lesson in defeat.

Yep, I'm very confident for tonight.

From what I remember of the first tie, Cardiff play blood & guts football.  Lung burst forward and try to terrify the opponent at every opportunity.  Which seems to be working (or I'm completely wrong).