Pre match

Demitri_C

We need to find some form before the playoffs and a win would do much to ensure that we get there. A  3-1 win would boost our brittle confidence and shatter Cardiff's. The team owe us a performance like this before we ready ourselves for the playoffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone even care now? Even if we win too little too late chumps 

We need to care, Dem. We need promotion.

This was the scenario I feared under Bruce from half way through last season, which was that he might not get us promoted.

The longer we stay in this division, the more difficult it will be to get out of it.

We are not too big to languish here for years to come, and that is a worrying proposition.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We need to care, Dem. We need promotion.

This was the scenario I feared under Bruce from half way through last season, which was that he might not get us promoted.

The longer we stay in this division, the more difficult it will be to get out of it.

We are not too big to languish here for years to come, and that is a worrying proposition.

I have to say yesterdays performance has left a very sour taste in my mouth. The year we went down i was angry but the team was utter poor. 

This team should not be imploding like this. No excuses for some of the drab and utter lazy performances. No fight passion or even care to go up. Why should I let it anger me anymore? Ruin my evening as I am in a foul mood of watching another 90 minutes of utter shit.

Frustrated mate utterly frustrated.

• Like 2

We still need points, 2nd place is mathematical possible,

but so is being caught by the teams below us and missing out of top 6 altogether

Its all been a plan from the start So that JT can play at Wembley again and pick up another trophy  

It seems to me the Villa way is to foul up when expected to win and win when the expectations are to lose so I’m going for an emphatic Villa win with Warnock sent to the stands. That in itself would be sweet. :D

• Like 3

On 4/8/2018 at 07:16, Demitri_C said:

Yeah we need to win so Fulham take second. 

Fancy us against cardiff more so than fulham in the play offs. 

It actually wouldn't surprise me if we played well and won this. It's often not the good teams we've come unstuck against this season but mediocre shit like QPR, Norwich and Bolton.

Not that it matters anyway - we won't make 2nd.

Edited by Mantis

I can see Bruce making some big changes as for the first time this year he looked furious and slated the players (rightly so) 

i think this will be  a draw or villa loss. be great to put warnock back in his box 

I'm done making predictions. We could win this 3-0 or lose it 3-0. I've no idea which Villa will turn up. Hopefully the one that isn't shit. 

• Like 2

Johnstone

Tuanzebe - Chester - Terry - Hutton

Snodgrass - Whelan - Jedi - Hourihane                

-  Grealish - 

Kodjia

• Confused 1

I absolutely do care, I never want to lose a game for a start. Plus I'd rather be playing this lot in the playoffs than a Fulham side who'd totally make idiots of us at Wembley if we were to get there. Can see a draw from this in all honesty though. Cardiff will be on such a low after the way Friday's game with Wolves finished, but I doubt we're good enough to take advantage of that. Can see a 0-0 or 1-1. 

On 08/04/2018 at 08:16, Demitri_C said:

No. I genuinely don’t care if we get promoted or not. I don’t see what we’d be playing for in the Premier League aside from avoiding relegation. It would take a ridiculous amount of money to genuinely challenge the top six, and it’s money we don’t have. We might finish seventh. Might. It’s not enough to fill me with any enthusiasm or excitement. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

34 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

I absolutely do care, I never want to lose a game for a start. Plus I'd rather be playing this lot in the playoffs than a Fulham side who'd totally make idiots of us at Wembley if we were to get there. Can see a draw from this in all honesty though. Cardiff will be on such a low after the way Friday's game with Wolves finished, but I doubt we're good enough to take advantage of that. Can see a 0-0 or 1-1. 

I care aswell.  I just wish the players didn't give me the impression that they only care on alternating matchdays.  If we played to our abilities on a regular basis, we would be automatic.

• Like 2

I can’t believe it’s even a serious question ......apart from any other reason as would always apply to any game it’s a no brainier that winning, or even better winning well and playing well, matters.

I just hope anyone who genuinely doesn’t care stays away.

• Like 2