• Hourihane
    • Adomah
    • Hogan
    • Kodjia (Adomah 55)
    • Grabban (Snodgrass 55)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/18 at 18:45

Abysmal, slow ponderous football, no urgency, no one taking any responsibility and our back four has just lost it.

We never get better after half time we always get worse and Bruce's changes do notjing.

I know longer want to watch football led by Bruce anymore.

• Like 1

Taylor was lucky Hoolahan didn't make it 4-1, absolute shite.

Defensively we're so gash, wtf has happened? Just all around piss poor today. Out of the starting eleven only Grealish and Birkir can be ok with their input.

Bye bye automatic promotion and tbf I highly doubt we'll get out of this league this year. Massive disappointment.

• Like 2

If we get promoted, it will be in spite of Bruce. How you can play Hogan ahead of Grabban and Kodjia is beyond me. Especially when your ‘tactic’ is to pass it along the back 4 and then hoof it up the line.

This was a must win game and I don’t think I’ve seen us more disinterested all season. A lot of that falls on Bruce for me.

Unfortunately, I don’t see any scenario where Bruce isn’t our manager next season. He so often just stumbled across successful teams and formations but gets shown up badly against a manager who has studied and watched Villa.

Cant see us going up in the playoffs I’m afraid. 

UTV

• Like 1

Hard to know what our plan is. Too much sideways stuff. In spite of his goal against Reading Hogan just doesn't look like a striker to me. Not laying the blame at his feet, but given our limitations across the park we need someone who gets involved more. 

Many concerning factors about our performances over the last few games, among which: lack of spine - never look like coming back when we concede first and the defence. What the **** has happened to the defence?!

No energy, no vibrancy, no fluency and not a great deal of effort.

What worries me most is that this is our best eleven and there isn't a great deal that's behind them and putting pressure on them for the shirts. The performances of Adomah and Snodgrass in particular have fallen off a cliff - they look like they could both do with two weeks off - but what can we do, Green isn't fit and I don't think either of them will be feeling the pressure from Corey-Blackett Taylor.

We could replace Hourihane and Grealish in the middle - but frankly, I don't think either of those are the problem.

We've got a hundred centre forwards and you could pick any of them - right now I'd be starting Keinan Davis - he fits our style better than any of the others.

We've got one left back, he looks out of sorts, out of shape and out of form - we desperately need an ageing Scottish right back who we don't want to keep anymore and a lot of people don't like to come in and replace him. That should tell you something about our depth in some areas.

Elmohamady isn't a man you'd want with you in a tough situation. He looks like a man that would immediately blame you if there was a crumb on the carpet and the wife was making accusations. He's a big weakness at the moment. We started the season with four right backs - as far as I know, Elmohamady is the only one currently fit and with us - he's also the worst of the four in my opinion.

We've got a big problem - this eleven are knackered, both physically and mentally and we don't really have many people we can bring in to help in the areas where our problems are.

The idea of promotion looks a long way off right now. I can't see us beating Cardiff and from there we've got to find at least one win from Leeds, Millwall, Derby and Ipswich if we want to hold on to a playoff spot.

Trouble.

• Like 4

Yet again we've been undone by speed.  Speed of thought and speed of foot.

We were ponderous on the ball, we were susceptible to counter attacks and we were one paced going forward.

Just like against Fulham, and even the home match against Norwich, when anyone comes at us at speed we're terrified and we stand off.

The only reason I want us promoted is financial.  If this team was in the Premier League we'd get even less points than we did last time.

• Like 4

We don't deserve to go up this season - too many games have seen us lacking the necessary urgency and quality in possession.

The problem being, even if we do go up via the play offs, it will have been unconvincing and momentum counts for a lot if you look at the teams who have gone up and stayed up. 

It's definitely time at the end of the season for a change, irrespective of the outcome, I think. They won't sack him if we do go up but they should. 

I think what we are seeing here is the result of trying to flog the same 14 or 15 players through an entire season.

There is a reason MON couldnt win a game in March and theres a reason the winning managers rotate their squads win or lose!

We have a great squad for this league that has been horribly under utilised.

Its no wonder Bruces teams dont win the league; We can only hope that Bruce can manage to form a siege mentality in this group before the play offs start.

• Like 2

I said to a mate at work last summer that we'll have the best squad in the league but will still manage to make hard work of it as that's the "villa way". Just like we're doing whenever we're handed a chance to secure automatic promotion.

We should have stomped all over this league but the lack of bottle and application when it matters is simply unacceptable. 

The manager has to be held to account if we're in this league next season.

Edited by Darth Villa
Typo fix

Â