Pre Match

Demitri_C

Another day and another game, not that I think we will get 2nd but if we win the pressure will be on cardiff as we will be four behind them with Tuesday looming. i am glad we are playing first for once as we always seem to play after everyone else which creates more pressure. 

norwich have nothing to play for we need to be winning this. if we play like we did yesterday 1-0 villa, if we play like hull 2-0 norwich 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Hopefully Norwich will miss a sitter and then we go down the other end 20 seconds later and score to make it 2-0. 

Funny you should mention that. Did you know that that very thing happened with Fulham and Leeds last night? 

• Haha 4

No need to change anything from the game against Reading. Same team Bruce (no tinkering) then Villa will increase the pressure on Cardiff and Fulham with a narrow win.

Edited by striker

6 hours ago, striker said:

No need to change anything from the game against Reading. Same team Bruce (no tinkering) then Villa will increase the pressure on Cardiff and Fulham with a narrow win.

I'm not so sure. It depends how he thinks we should line up in the upcoming games after Norwich. Making sure that key players are rested is paramount.

One of the biggest mistake he made all season was not freshening things up after the Wolves win.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Another day and another game, not that I think we will get 2nd but if we win the pressure will be on cardiff as we will be four behind them with Tuesday looming. i am glad we are playing first for once as we always seem to play after everyone else which creates more pressure. 

norwich have nothing to play for we need to be winning this. if we play like we did yesterday 1-0 villa, if we play like hull 2-0 norwich 

Cardiff vs Wolves is first on Friday

Just hope that Wolves win otherwise we will be 5-7 points behind come Tuesday and the outside chance of 2nd is probably over.

Excited but nervous... 

I think I would go for:

Johnstone

Elmo    Chester    Terry      Taylor

Bjarnasson

Snodgrass Hourihane Grealish 

Grabban

Then ease Kodjia in when we’re 0-2 up :)

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

I can see Cardiff beating Wolves tbh. That late goal will have buoyed them and they have a massive chance to close the gap at the top.

Cardiff have a game in hand and like you say I think will beat Wolves... they could take 1st!

I'd consider a change at right back if Hutton is fit - Elmohamady concerns me a little. Not a lot, and I'd be happy enough with him continuing, but especially away from home I'd prefer someone who gets closer to forwards and can tackle - of course, what he does do is make Snodgrass better and we might be best keeping that instead. The only other thing I'd consider is a change up front, Grabban or Kodjia - a striker with a bit more range who can work the defence a little more with the ball. That said, I'd be happy enough with an unchanged team - we've got some good options.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd consider a change at right back if Hutton is fit - Elmohamady concerns me a little. Not a lot, and I'd be happy enough with him continuing, but especially away from home I'd prefer someone who gets closer to forwards and can tackle - of course, what he does do is make Snodgrass better and we might be best keeping that instead. The only other thing I'd consider is a change up front, Grabban or Kodjia - a striker with a bit more range who can work the defence a little more with the ball. That said, I'd be happy enough with an unchanged team - we've got some good options.

I’m always interested in your view and rarely disagree but I do this time ( although you’ve said either way we’ve good options)....for me the Elmo/Snodders partnership is c4ucial. snodders is twice the player with Elmo. Additionally despite his height Elmo is excellent in the air, where we are a little weak.

Kodja looks way way off the pace so no more than twenty minutes for me, and I’d retain Hogan as I think he opens stuff up for the others more than Grabban.

I know there are perils in staying unchanged but I don’t see the players having the same hangover as they did after Wolves. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’m always interested in your view and rarely disagree but I do this time ( although you’ve said either way we’ve good options)....for me the Elmo/Snodders partnership is c4ucial. snodders is twice the player with Elmo. Additionally despite his height Elmo is excellent in the air, where we are a little weak.

Snodders is much more comfortable with Elmohamady, and, as you've rightly said, Elmohamady is good in the air, but he does make me uncomfortable - he backs off any winger that comes near him and tries to hand him on. I think in games where we're more attacking I'd play him, but in games where we'll need to do more defending I'd replace him. In this case, I'm not quite sure which of those two sorts of games we're in for. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think I would go for:

Johnstone

Elmo    Chester    Terry      Taylor

Bjarnasson

Snodgrass Hourihane Grealish 

Grabban

Then ease Kodjia in when we’re 0-2 up :)

You're so confident that you are willing to go into the game starting 10 players? Wow, hats off to you mate, I wish I shared your optimism ;)

• Haha 1

No reason to change anything in this side, Bjarnasson was immense on Tuesday and should retain his place. Elmo was poor but he helps Snodgrass' performance by taking the pressure off when getting around him, they know each other inside out.

For me Grealish and Hogan are another combination that works, Hogan pulls the opposition all over the place with his running giving Jack much more time on the ball. If we can just start threading some balls through to Hogan we will start to see the rewards, long balls and crosses are just not his game.

Johnstone

Elmo  Chester  Terry  Taylor

Bjarnasson

Snodgrass  Grealish  Hourihane  Adomah

Hogan