• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Kodjia (Adomah 65)
    • Onomah (Snodgrass 65)
    • Whelan (Grealish 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/18 at 11:30

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

What were the bizarre tactics?

Constant crossing of the ball into the box to our shortest player, especially in the 1st half. 

Much improved in the second half but reading were a lame duck.

• Like 3

Perfect evening in many respects.  They are a poor Reading team and I think we would have won anyway but after the red card it was a done deal.  It was still quite frustrating how we constantly kept crossing from deep and hitting the first man.  Once the goal went in it was a very professional display and we moved the ball much better. 

Good chance to rest our 3 most influential players and give arguably our best player some crucial minutes.  I must say he looked a lot sharper than Saturday but then hard to tell against a Reading team that had pretty much given up.

I also think that is a best midfield 3 by far. 

All in a all a good easy professional job before 3 very tough games in 10 days. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

So all we need to win is make sure every other team starts with 10 players. Get it done Tony

11 v 11 I'm not sure we would have got 3 points there. As it stands they got a bollocking at half time and after Thor dropped the hammer it was workmanlike but ok from us. Some nice interplay between codger, gresford and taylor up the left a few times. Bjarnason showed why he should play ahead of the other two as DM for me. I like Taylor instead of Hutton too. We need to win games now regardless of how we play and the amount of half chances, good positions and good chances we missed/failed to develop is a little worrying but I'd rather we were making them and **** them up than not making them at all.

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We definitely have the red card to thank but I think we needed a slice of luck like that to help rebuild the confidence.  Let’s hope we can build from here.

I don’t agree. I thought we dominated from the start. Excellent

For me that was a top notch performance albeit against a woeful side.

Full marks  to Bruce who replaced exactly the right players with exactly the right players.

Everybtime he goes cautious, we struggle. Every time he goes positive, we are fine.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don’t agree. I thought we dominated from the start. Excellent

Maybe, but only in the same way we dominated the first half against Hull.  Think we'd have struggled to score but now we have hopefully we can start scoring freely again.

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Maybe, but only in the same way we dominated the first half against Hull.  Think we'd have struggled to score but now we have hopefully we can start scoring freely again.

Fair enough if that’s your view - I thought the difference to the Hull 1st half was Night and Day.

We had energy all over the pitch. Every player was on the front foot. Grealish and Albert worked together ( never happened v Hull) Elmo and Snodders ditto. Hourihane And Birkir did more in the first 5 minutes than Lansbury and Jedi all game.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

"Will we ever score again"?

Wins the most effeminate first half comment.

By the way, I don’t think this comment reflects keeping up with the times. 

Effeminate” FFS???

which century are we in?

• Like 2

Â