Pre match thread

roonst83

Johnstone

Elmo  Chester  Terry  Hutton

Jedinak

Snodgrass Grealish Hourihane Adomah

Hogan

I would be tempted to throw Bjarnasson, Tuanzebe or Whelan in for Jedinak as he has travelled and played a lot of football in the space of a week.

Three weeknight matches in the next week and a half. All fairly meaningless. Becoming a bit of a chore now. I expect another crowd of 30,000 people feeling the same as I do and a consequently crap atmosphere and poor match which we might or might not win. 

Edited by blunther
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, blunther said:

Three weeknight matches in the next week and a half. All fairly meaningless. Becoming a bit of a chore now. I expect another crowd of 30,000 people feeling the same as I do and a consequently crap atmosphere and poor match which we might or might not win. 

Good that you're so positive

GK Johnstone

RB Tuanzebe

CB Terry (c)

CB Chester

LB Hutton

CDM Bjarnson

RM Snodgrass

LM Adomah

CAM Grealish

ST Kodjia

ST Grabban

Subs: Bunn, Elmo, Bree, Hourihane, Lansbury, Hogan, Davis.

31 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Surely to goodness we'll bounce back in this. Reading are utter piss, much worse than the 3 teams we've faced previously. Has to be a home win despite how shite we've been ourselves. 

Yeah but they've got a new manager and won the last one.

2 hours ago, blunther said:

Or not.

There just might be some of us who love watching the Villa as often as possible and who are absorbed by a fascinating season ?

You think it’s meaningless that’s your perogative of course but many will see plenty to play for. 

Quite funny how you “ expect 30000 people to feel as you do” lol.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Johnstone

Elmo  Chester  Terry  Hutton

Alex / Thor

Snodgrass Grealish Hourihane Adomah

Grabban

I’m seeing lots of variations of the same idea.

In my view we need a bit of a shake up and the way I’d fo it is dropping the DM completely - I’ve never been convinced one is essential every game, especially at home.

In my view we aren’t lacking solidity we are lacking creativity, so I’d swap the DM ( whether Jedi, Birkir, or whoever) for Green or O Hare, or add Davies up top to Hogan.

Hopefully as a minimum Brucecwill restore the ( bafflingly changed) Elmo/ Snoddy partnership which was ever present in our good winning run.

• Like 1