• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Kodjia (Jedinak 62)
    • Elmohamady (Tuanzebe 75)
    • Hogan (Adomah 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/04/18 at 18:45

Another point towards the play offs. I never thought we would be as high as 4th so for me, the fact we now look sure to finish in the top 6 is a nice surprise.

However, one point from those last 3 games doesn't bode well for our end of season form. Compared to the likes of Millwall who are flying.

Another season in the Championship beckons. And I doubt it will be under Bruce.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

Not much point in throwing on three strikers if they are all going to stand with each other every time a cross comes in.

Not convinced Kodja was the right substitution and Hogan for Grabban was the correct substitution but about 15 mins earlier than when he came on.

Nice to see a ref let the game flow though, for a change.

1 point from 3 games since wolves successfully turned from beating top of the league too scoring once against 3 average sides. Turgid crap. Albert showing why he doesn’t get a premier league side grealish proving why he will only get a bottom half premier league team next season.

19 minutes ago, trevor said:

Nice to see a ref let the game flow though, for a change.

The ref is the only reason we got a point. Shocking performance from him and Hull fans must be very pissed off.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2

We had enough opportunities in the first half to have a 2 goal buffer at half time but Albert fluffed his lines every time. 

Our entire midfield liked completely blase at times. It was awful and we are lucky to be coming away worth a point. 

• Like 1

Given our current form that's a good point - another four or five should guarantee us a playoff spot.

We look disjointed, we look like there's no rhythm, no fluency and most importantly no confidence - we start games pretty well, but unless we score an early goal, that initial confidence dies on our inability to score goals - we've not scored once in three games and that was a half hearted consolation from Chester with a minute left in a defeat.

For some teams, when they find themselves in this position, they van revert to passing the ball around, to keeping possession, to some sort of control of games - control brings confidence, keeping the ball, moving it around - we can't do that, we're not a passing side, even at our best we're about counter attacking and about having individuals who can do something - it means we've got no failsafe and no way to impose ourselves on games that are getting away from us. It's a big problem. 

But....the pressure is now off, we're not in the race for automatic promotion, let's see if that helps them relax and play a bit in the next one - if it doesn't, there's still time for that pressure to come right back on - we're not guaranteed anything yet.

• Like 1

Well, when Bruce announced his starting line-up I thought it was good so in terms of that I can't knock Bruce and in the first half we were much the better team.

But the players were absolutely shit in the second half.

The whole midfield, including Grealish were terrible.

The strikers never had a chance because the midfield was so bad.

Despite a couple of scares, the defence were quite good imho

But that is 3 shit performances in a row. We need to improve or even our playoff position isn't assured.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

In the grand scheme of things this game means nothing. I think that was the issue today. They know 2nd has gone and are winding up the year.

Players looked complacent early on, lacked urgency and when they realised it wasn’t going to be a walk in the park started to get desperate, misplace passes and lose control of the ball.

The problem is it is Bruce’s responsibility to make sure that doesn’t happen. 50:50 blame from me, and an all round terrible few weeks at the office.

Shining light is we’ve had these abysmal runs before under Bruce, picked our selves up and come out stronger. Hopefully that comes in time for the playoffs.

Agree with this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ouchmefoot said:

Well, when Bruce announced his starting line-up I thought it was good so in terms of that I can't knock Bruce and in the first half we were much the better team.

But the players were absolutely shit in the second half.

The whole midfield, including Grealish were terrible.

The strikers never had a chance because the midfield was so bad.

Despite a couple of scares, the defence were quite good imho

But that is 3 shit performances in a row. We need to improve or even our playoff position isn't assured.

I thought Tuanzebe was a mistake to start. Should have been Elmohamody.

• Like 2

Â