Pre-match thread

limpid

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Leeds are missing a lot of their first choice defenders tomorrow. 

I am happy if jansson isnt playing. that guy always causes us problems. I like him though i would try go for him in the summer

• Like 2

Kodjia starts for me. The overriding aim needs to be to get the best team ready for the play offs...that includes him.

The fact that any of the other options are not that much better nails it for me. 

Start grabban on the left too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Kodjia starts for me. The overriding aim needs to be to get the best team ready for the play offs...that includes him.

The fact that any of the other options are not that much better nails it for me. 

Start grabban on the left too.

Its tempting but I think keep him restricted for another 30-40 mins for now and then possible start him next week for 60 minutes  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, omariqy said:

I can see it now. 0-0 draw and we have 5 strikers on the pitch by the end of the game.

Unfortunately in recent years this has been known as Plan B when in reality that should probably be Plan D or Plan E. Not sure what that says about Bruce or some of his predecessors.

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The last of the 3-4 day games, following this back to a game every weekend. We would be silly not to use this as an opportunity to rest, protect and get minutes for our squad.

Johnstone

Elmo

Samba

Chester

Bree

Lansbury

Grealish

Onomah

Snoddy

Grabban

Hogan

Time to bring Josh in from the cold with a much clearer head hopefully. Be nice to see if him and Jack link up.

We need to win this to cement a playoff place, so Bjarnasson in stead of Lansbury; surely we have someone better than Samba; Onomah nowhere near the team - one of our own youngsters, O'Hare would be my pick.

No hutton, Axel, Terry, and probably no Birkir for this one. Best I got:

8c235ac3b181386b3c546d1240a06279.png

Jedinak doesn't seem to play well with Hourihane so I'd go Whelan.

Adomah also hasn't been playing well lately and Grabban has looked more comfortable for us out wide. 

Kodjia likely isn't fit to start, so I'd go Hogan. 

I’d love Kodjia to start but don’t think it’s be sensible to start him just yet. Would definitely go with Samba over Jedinak so would probably agree with Czechlads team but with Bjarni for Whelan as I’m worried Whelan will be to desperate to make up for the last match where he missed 2 absolute sitters.

• Like 1

RHM was on fire for the U-23's, scored both goals. Surely must make the bench. As should O'Hare.

No Whelan, please. He makes me nervous any time he is near the play.

Adomah definitely needs a rest, possibly Snodgrass also.

We need to win this to cement our place in the playoffs, so I would also understand Bruce being cautious, but a few tweaks are definitely needed.

On 11/04/2018 at 15:44, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe this is a sacrilegious suggestion, and I'm expecting pelters, but what about Adomah on the right and dropping Snoddy for one game? Adomah seems to be labouring on the left without Hutton behind him, and he got plenty of assists from the right last season. Snodgrass has looked poor against his old teams (Hull and Norwich) that he's faced recently, and obviously Leeds are another. 

Maybe that's a shit suggestion, but just throwing it out there.  

I did mention somewhere that the only decent cross Adomah put in last week what when he found himself stranded on the right. 

I think that one of the reasons why our attacks are so laboured is because neither winger goes for the byline and whips in crosses because they are both on the wrong side. 

Almost every time they stop and cut back inside killing all momentum and allowing defenders a second to reform. 

Neither of them have done anything for ages but I would like to see at least one retained and played on the correct side. 

In my opinion most wingplay should be about hitting the byline and whipping in a cross with an occasional cut back to mix things up,  not the other way around.

A win to secure our place in the playoff's and to show that we can win two on the bounce again. It will not be easy, games against Leeds rarely are. A 3-0 win would be nice, just like our 1996 LCF win was.    

Again I am on afternoon shift for this one. Set up to record . I recorded the Tuesday game. It was quicker to play it backwards to see the goal

I predict an early goal tonight for the lads, but with the defence on offer I cant see us keeping a clean sheet tonight 

My mate is a Leeds fan and always bets me a fiver. But he refused to have a bet tonight 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats crowd looking like? Usually friday night games is a great atmosphere at Villa Park 

We tend to play well with a big loud crowd too so should be half decent