Pre-match thread

limpid

• 2 weeks later...

Win this and that practically guarantees play offs and hopefully minimum 4th spot . Leeds have been poor so really we should be looking for the win, however we haven't beat Leeds since we came down so won't be easy. 

Need to win our last 4. Win this and could be 2 off Fulham (played a game more obvs). Momentum is key. 

I would be tempted to start Kodj and throw Grabs on the left (dropping Uncle Albert). 

Glenn nowhere near the team please. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Very winnable game this one, Leeds have been trash for months now and have absolutely nothing to play for.

Just worried we said the same thing about Narwich.

Would be typical of Villa to beat Cardiff and then not show up on Friday.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Just worried we said the same thing about Narwich.

Would be typical of Villa to beat Cardiff and then not show up on Friday.

I can see it now. 0-0 draw and we have 5 strikers on the pitch by the end of the game.

• Haha 2

Maybe this is a sacrilegious suggestion, and I'm expecting pelters, but what about Adomah on the right and dropping Snoddy for one game? Adomah seems to be labouring on the left without Hutton behind him, and he got plenty of assists from the right last season. Snodgrass has looked poor against his old teams (Hull and Norwich) that he's faced recently, and obviously Leeds are another. 

Maybe that's a shit suggestion, but just throwing it out there.  

• Like 1

IF all short term injuries are better, I think I would go:

Johnstone

Elmo      Terry     Chester     Hutton 

Bjarnnason

Snoddy  Hourihane Grealish Adomah

Grabban

I know some players, like adomah, have dipped of late, but I still think that’s the strongest side we can field (assuming Terry and Hutton are back from injury, and Thor can play).

Edited by alreadyexists

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

IF all short term injuries are better, I think I would go:

Johnstone

Elmo      Terry     Chester     Hutton 

Bjarnnason

Snoddy  Hourihane Grealish Adomah

Grabban

I know some players, like adomah, have dipped of late, but I still think that’s the strongest side we can field (assuming Terry and Hutton are back from injury, and Thor can play).

Kodjia says Hi

The last of the 3-4 day games, following this back to a game every weekend. We would be silly not to use this as an opportunity to rest, protect and get minutes for our squad.

Johnstone

Elmo

Samba

Chester

Bree

Lansbury

Grealish

Onomah

Snoddy

Grabban

Hogan

Time to bring Josh in from the cold with a much clearer head hopefully. Be nice to see if him and Jack link up.

Edited by rodders0223

They’ve got massive injury problems and might not have any experienced centre backs available. Pontus Jansson went off injured last night which meant they ended the game with two inexperienced younger players as their centre back pairing. 

We really should be beating them on Friday night. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

Good result last night, confidence will be high and on paper this is an easy game against a struggling side. 

Given recent form, I'm going 0-3 Leeds.

Edited by Sam3773

Leeds will fight for the ball and frustrate us with a team performance despite injuries. 

No clue from Bruce, will need another piece of individual brilliance. 1-2 Leeds :( 

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The last of the 3-4 day games, following this back to a game every weekend. We would be silly not to use this as an opportunity to rest, protect and get minutes for our squad.

Johnstone

Elmo

Samba

Chester

Bree

Lansbury

Grealish

Onomah

Snoddy

Grabban

Hogan

Time to bring Josh in from the cold with a much clearer head hopefully. Be nice to see if him and Jack link up.

Na, we'll prob have our last 2 league games being meaningless in terms of having a bearing on final position, so rest/rotate players then. 

Would be an odd scenario facing Millwall on the final day at their place with us confirmed 4th and them needing to draw/win to get 5th. Only for us to go back there the next week in the playoffs.

If we win then a playoff place will be 100% officially in the bag because we'll have 79 points and no team below 6th can get that much now, even if they win all of their remaining four games.

• Like 2

I don't really agree with the expression that a team has nothing to play for. There's always pride and unless you have a dysfunctional team, the aspiration of a quality performance. I've been part of teams that are neither facing relegation or finals that have knocked off the best in the league, and not due to the latters complacency.

So although we are hunting for 3 points we should be wary and hopefully well prepared. A bit more consistency in performance will be a good thing for momentum.

4-1 Villa and @Robtaylor200 to cash in.

• Like 1