• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Davis (Taylor 54)
    • Hogan (Grabban 66)
    • Bjarnason (Hourihane 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/18 at 17:30

8 hours ago, avfc456 said:

I have never felt the need after a win to go onto an opposing teams page and comment, says alot about the mentality of your club ;) 

Yes it does . A winning mentality :)  Seen enough gloating after the game the other week , to last a lifetime .  Its just nice to bring the fans and old potatoe head , back down to earth with a bang ! All the best for the rest of the season 

46 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

Yes it does . A winning mentality :)  Seen enough gloating after the game the other week , to last a lifetime .  Its just nice to bring the fans and old potatoe head , back down to earth with a bang ! All the best for the rest of the season 

I wouldnt worry about it to much. 

When Athletico Bilston get the points deduction you might be ok for the play offs. 

That was shite and made worse than Cardiff are not dropping any points. Very flat performance- Bruce should have made the changes.

I don't understand why this game was not played tonight? We always used to have mid week games on Wednesday. An extra 24 hours after Saturday would have been a huge help. 

Jedinak can't hack 2 games in 4 days, he was blowing out of his arse after half an hour.  What does Lansbury need to get a game? Hourihane needed a rest and Thor could have come in for Jedinak. Bah. I think we actucally played worse versus Preston but got away with it- the second goal was the killer. Typical Villa 1 great result and then back to square one.

14 hours ago, Wolf man said:

Listen to ol’ smuggy bollocks over here. As if you and the rest of the custard lads wouldn’t have gloated all the way to Wolverhampton Poundland if you’d won.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wolf man said:

4-1. It's still making me laugh :lol:

• Like 1

I read the comments from the Wolf man and other Wolves fans. I cant understand why they hate us so much. I have been watching The Villa for over 50 years. I hate the Blosers. I have never hated the Wolves, I have always thought they were a lovely little team. Every week I would look to see how Hednesford and wolves had got on. 

• Haha 1

Ive let the anger subside after a few days away from all football.

My original feelings on seeing that performance was to lay the blame at Bruces door.  How could he have been so stupid to play the exact same team 3 days after an emotionally and physically draining game like Wolves; It was so obvious! We had the same thing happen when we came back off an early international break early in the season.

However looking back im not sure he could have seen what the game took out of them. Im sure the euphoria would have given the team an extra bounce in training which could have disguised any flagging legs.  

In all fairness I picked the same team with only difference being Thor in the holding roll, but im not sure if that change would have altered anything on its own.

The loss of Taylor was also massive,  but it was the timing that really killed us.  As we were already behind the option to bring Thor on in a straight swap was overlooked for the more attacking option.  Tbh im glad he tried it, shows we wanted the win more than the solid option he would have taken earlier in the season; Unfortunately it didnt work. Jedi is no left back, even when fresh, and the midfield (which was already being dominated) lost more strength.

There are a lot of parallels with the Sheffield game here. This team have proven they can bounce back from small setbacks, the odd goal or simply playing bad...its in their character. However when the obstacles keep coming sometimes you just have to admit its not your day.   

Also credit has to be given to QPR, they wanted this game as much as we wanted saturday. They did their homework and played well. Im positive if we were both fresh it would not have worked but we were shot and it did.

Just hope we can get past Bolton on Saturday and reset over the break...for once this has come at a good time!

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine going on another team's forum to gloat about an entirely different team beating them!

Weird

Indeed.

If we beat Bolton at the weekend, I’ll be straight on a Coventry City forum to wind them up about it.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I read the comments from the Wolf man and other Wolves fans. I cant understand why they hate us so much. I have been watching The Villa for over 50 years. I hate the Blosers. I have never hated the Wolves, I have always thought they were a lovely little team. Every week I would look to see how Hednesford and wolves had got on. 

Never had a dislike for villa until mr potatoe head and Keith wyness decided to jump on the Leeds band wagon with there inappropriate timing wolves slander. sour grapes at its best ! 

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

4-1. It's still making me laugh :lol:

Well that will make two of us when villa are still plying there trade in the championship for the foreseeable future :) 

6 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

Never had a dislike for villa until mr potatoe head and Keith wyness decided to jump on the Leeds band wagon with there inappropriate timing wolves slander. sour grapes at its best ! 

I really wouldn't talk about sour grapes if I were you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

Potato. There’s no “e”.

If we all take anything away from this week, hopefully it’s that.

Try and turn up against Cardiff and we’ll try and do likewise.

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

11 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Indeed.

If we beat Bolton at the weekend, I’ll be straight on a Coventry City forum to wind them up about it.

:huh: 

But that don’t make sense unless you have a hatred for Coventry and Coventry lost to somebody else? Why would coventry care that we beat Bolton? This wolf man obviously has a hatred for Villa so came here to mock us for losing to QPR or am I missing something :blink:

5 hours ago, fifamad said:

:huh: 

But that don’t make sense unless you have a hatred for Coventry and Coventry lost to somebody else? Why would coventry care that we beat Bolton? This wolf man obviously has a hatred for Villa so came here to mock us for losing to QPR or am I missing something :blink:

It was to illustrate (poorly) how utterly strange it is for an opposition fan to come on here and revel in a Villa defeat when it was another club who inflicted said defeat. And for the same fan to complain about seeing Villa fans gloat, when they themselves post on a Villa forum. 

That’s the confusing thing.

I only picked Coventry as this wolves rivalry thing feels a lot like when Coventry were in the top flight and saw us as their big derby.

Anyway, we’ve talked enough about Wolves in this thread.

• Like 2

Â