• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Davis (Taylor 54)
    • Hogan (Grabban 66)
    • Bjarnason (Hourihane 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/18 at 17:30

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

It's not over yet.

Obviously unlikely that we'll make 2nd place but not impossible.

If we're good enough then we'll make it through the play offs.

If we can't go up via that route then we deserve to be where we are!

It is over. We all know that by now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Ridiculous comment. Here come the individuals who despise Bruce  - not that they in any way form a cohesive group - out of the woodwork!

Just look at the pathetic performances by the players on the pitch tonight.

Thrre lies the reason for our defeat.

I don't despise him. Who picked the players? You don't name an unchaged side if you've played 2 days before. I wouldn't even do it on Football Manager or FIFA, it's that frickin elementary.

Edited by Razor
  • Like 2

Just now, TheStagMan said:

perfectly chilled thanks, it just amuses me how the manager seems to be above question, even when we are utter shite, but when we win he is the messiah and this place is full of smug comments from certain individuals.

Utterly spanked by Holloway's QPR..... :blink:

oh ffs, we are all happy when we win, less so when we lose. why do you feel you need to bring up a point that is divisive amongst the fans?

yes I know we were spanked by Holloway's QPR, I saw it and I didn't like it. things didn't click today and we now reap what we sow. but shit happens and tbf, QPR played great today regardless of their position in the table and how you feel about their manager and players.

don't look back in anger and onto the next game.

Just now, Razor said:

I don't despise him. Who picked the players? You don't name an unchaged side if you've played 2 days before. I wouldn't even do it on Football Manager or FIFA, it's that frickin obvious.f

In the real world, actually you do. If you think this is a round of Football Manager, I have news for you...:D

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Ridiculous comment. Here come the individuals who despise Bruce  - not that they in any way form a cohesive group - out of the woodwork!

Just look at the pathetic performances by the players on the pitch tonight.

There lies the reason for our defeat.

And here comes the unbending defence. i suppose the next win will be completely down to Bruce and his man management, which seems to have been sadly lacking tonight. 

Nothing about despising Bruce, please try to get it into your head that what people dont like is seeing Villa putting in shite performances like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

In the real world, actually you do. If you think this is a round of Football Manager, I have news for you...:D

Yes i think it's exactly the same. What a predictable response. Most managers make changes if they play 2 games in a week. Fact.

Edited by Razor
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wharf a ridiculous comment. He selected the team that best Wolves 4-1. How could he have done anything else?

Because some players, especially the ones over 30, get tired by playing 3 games in 8 days? And you thought the tactical switch in the second half worked out well? I usually don't overreact or jump on a Bruce-out bandwagon after we lose or play bad, but today I fully blame the management team. That wasn't a ridiculous comment at all imo.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 2

It feels exactly like when we got up to second and then lost immediately thereafter. With all Terrys and so on in the team, we still can't get over the fact that we're Aston Villa. When we're expected to win, we bottle.

Just now, TheStagMan said:

And here comes the unbending defence. i suppose the next win will be completely down to Bruce and his man management, which seems to have been sadly lacking tonight. 

Nothing about despising Bruce, please try to get it into your head that what people dont like is seeing Villa putting in shite performances like that.

I think he fielded the right team, they didn't perform, he dabbled with the formation and it didn't work out. he did get it wrong tonight in that sense. unbending defence? please...

No one, read this, no one who's a fan of Villa likes seeing shite performances like this. but not all villa fans and hungry as a starving dingo to go looking for all sorts of things to blame a botched performance on. we have been on an amazing run and in football sometimes you lose even when it's unexpected. do I think Bruce can fix this? yes. do the players need to have a look at themselves after tonight's performance? yes. are we doomed? hardly yet.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

It feels exactly like when we got up to second and then lost immediately thereafter. With all Terrys and so on in the team, we still can't get over the fact that we're Aston Villa. When we're expected to win, we bottle.

and sometimes when we're expected to lose, we win. ain't football a grand game?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

oh ffs, we are all happy when we win, less so when we lose. why do you feel you need to bring up a point that is divisive amongst the fans?

yes I know we were spanked by Holloway's QPR, I saw it and I didn't like it. things didn't click today and we now reap what we sow. but shit happens and tbf, QPR played great today regardless of their position in the table and how you feel about their manager and players.

don't look back in anger and onto the next game.

I just think it is highly amusing that Bruce is never to blame when we lose but is a messiah when we win. Its a point that many people like to make when we win, so I will bring it up here thanks.

Just like he did well and should be congratulated for the performance at the weekend, he is absolutely responsible for tonight's shambles. A loss is not the end of the world but this was a capitulation. He needs to get the next game absolutely right. 

What would be amazing would be the absolute supporters of Bruce (you know the ones that like to make the sarcastic digs at people when Villa win) acknowledging that he screwed up tonight. That's all. No Bruce out campaign, no banners, no venom - just an acknowledgement that he got it wrong.  

Otherwise, as TRO said in another thread, we may as well put a pot plant in charge for the rest of the season if Bruce is not responsible for the losses. 

• Like 1

Â