• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Davis (Taylor 54)
    • Hogan (Grabban 66)
    • Bjarnason (Hourihane 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/18 at 17:30

27 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Pathetic performance, rubbish crowd, killed our momentum aswell that result has, I don’t think we will get up through play offs. All in all a terrible evening :rant:

I would not blame the crowd for that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Football is so **** weird.

How can the exact same 11 players, in the exact same formation go from so good one day, to so shit 3 days later.

We were dreadful tonight.

Absolutely nothing went right. Every player was crap. Even players like Terry and Grealish were making stupid mistakes. 

Utterly baffling night.

Wow the reaction on here is incredible.  I'm very disappointed but you summed it up well.  Disastrous time for this performance and result, which makes it so much worse but still have to keep in mind our record over the last couple of months has been exceptional.  Reading some of the comments on here it's as if we've been on a bad run. 

Wrong time to have this result, baffling performance I agree with but some on this forum have to take into perspective.  Our earlier in the season form will be because we dont get automatic promotion if that doesnt happen (which is looking unlikely now) not the current form. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Wow our fans are ridiculous. 

Oh, I'm sorry. Are we not allowed to criticise a shite performance against one of the worst teams in the league?

It's not like we played well and lost, that happens and you live with it. This was an utter spanking by a team that have won two away games all season.

• Like 1

This was a real case of after the Lord Mayor's Show. Bruce had warned the team about this post match on Saturday but it still happened. I would have made changes to the team given the short time between these two games but Bruce would have been slaughtered had he done so and we had still lost. With hindsight it is a lot easier to decide that we needed to make changes from the start. A terrible result and performance. We dropped points that we could not afford to. From delight to despair within a couple of days. :(   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Oh, I'm sorry. Are we not allowed to criticise a shite performance against one of the worst teams in the league?

Literally nobody has said this.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I wasn't blaming the manager after the game as I could have no complaints with him sticking with the same team, however after hearing his post match comments saying experience told him he should of made 3 or 4 changes, I am now firmly pointing the finger at him, I have heard his I need to take my part of the blame far too many times over his tenure here, his subs were also poor (and that is being kind) 

That saying, the players have to look at themselves, tired, flat etc or not, as a group they were all awful.  Felt like they thought they could just turn up and do the business. 

• Like 1

Johnstone - 4 - thought he should have done better with the first and his kick was terrible

Elmo - 4 - terrible performance and even worse when stayed at RB for the whole second half even though we were playing 3 5 2

Chester - 5 - Very suspect at the back for once

Terry - 4 - numerous mistakes and bad passes. Easily beaten for the first header

Taylor - 4 - The first half they got a lot of joy down the right hand side

Snodgrass - 5.5 - tried hard and set up our best chance but otherwise his delivery was poor

Grealish - 5.5 - our best player first half but should have scored. Anonymous second half but I think that was down to the change in formation

Jedinak - 5 - looked well off it and their young lad gave him a tough time

Hourihane - 5.5 - thought he worked hard first half but was absolutely awful the second half

Adomah - 5 - Got in some good crossing positions but kept hitting the first man. Playing LWB completetly took him out of the game second half

Grabban - 4.5 - thought he was very poor. Always second to the ball and did not work hard when closing down. Lack of intensity. 

Subs:

Davis - 4 - offered nothing really

Hogan - 4 - as above. Made some good runs but snodgrass kept overhitting it but we needed more from Hogan.

Thor - as above

Bruce - 2 - thought he got it terribly wrong. A number of fans were worried about tired legs and freshening things up and he reverted to type by going to the safe option of keeping the same team. The formation change completely killed off any attacking intent we had in the first half. 

Very poor result. You could point the finger at both Bruce and the players for that but it's still all to play for when you consider Cardiff have to play Wolves and Villa. I think Villa will beat Cardiff and if Wolves can do Villa a favour then it's still game on.

However Villa must win against Bolton and I think they will after a few days rest.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

I would not blame the crowd for that.

I'd be amazed if anyone is solely blaming the fans for the loss. I will say though, some of the people around me in The Upper Holte were pathetic. The same guys that were cheering the Wolves win like it was Christmas morning, got on the back of the players and Bruce from the moment the first QPR goal went in. The guy next to me literally gave me a headache from his constant moaning. One guy started swearing at Davis after his first touch. At one point, someone around me clapped and shouted "unlucky, good pass", when Hogan just missed that through ball on the left of their goal, and this idiot to my right then starts shouting "Good pass?! To who?! Me?!"

Some of our fans are complete idiots, and when I renew my season ticket, I will be changing seats. 100%. I genuinely believe that the fans that see nothing but negatives are the ones with low IQs. Typical thick football fans.

Again, I'm not blaming the crowd for our loss, I just have an issue with some individuals. I found it interesting though, that after half the ground left at 3-0, we seemed to play better, and managed to put together about 7 attacks, resulting in a goal. Maybe the players felt less pressure? No doubt the moaners will think that it was their moaning that spurred on the goal, and not the fact that they'd f**ked off back to their holes.

/rant

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Football is so **** weird.

How can the exact same 11 players, in the exact same formation go from so good one day, to so shit 3 days later.

We were dreadful tonight.

Absolutely nothing went right. Every player was crap. Even players like Terry and Grealish were making stupid mistakes. 

Utterly baffling night.

Ditto

i must be honest, i am stuck for words.....but when i sat there and seen so many aerial challenges us coming second, i guessed what was coming.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I'd be amazed if anyone is solely blaming the fans for the loss. I will say though, some of the people around me in The Upper Holte were pathetic. The same guys that were cheering the Wolves win like it was Christmas morning, got on the back of the players and Bruce from the moment the first QPR goal went in. The guy next to me literally gave me a headache from his constant moaning. One guy started swearing at Davis after his first touch. At one point, someone around me clapped and shouted "unlucky, good pass", when Hogan just missed that through ball on the left of their goal, and this idiot to my right then starts shouting "Good pass?! To who?! Me?!"

Some of our fans are complete idiots, and when I renew my season ticket, I will be changing seats. 100%. I genuinely believe that the fans that see nothing but negatives are the ones with low IQs. Typical thick football fans.

Again, I'm not blaming the crowd for our loss, I just have an issue with some individuals. I found it interesting though, that after half the ground left at 3-0, we seemed to play better, and managed to put together about 7 attacks, resulting in a goal. Maybe the players felt less pressure? No doubt the moaners will think that it was their moaning that spurred on the goal, and not the fact that they'd f**ked off back to their holes.

/rant

I guess you had a bad night with not just the football....i think your rationale of the situation is about right.

unfortunately, you do get em.......remember wembley fighting amongst ourselves

Anyone with TDS (Tolerance deficiency syndrome) sitting near you, you will get that.

i was reacting to a post of grouped reasons and one piece if critetia mentioned was the crowd.....I was talking whole crowd, not individual idiots.

ps a few winning tackles gets the crowd going, not much to ask.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

literally many people have implied this......

No. They haven't.

Everybody in this thread, to a man, has criticised last night's performance.

• Like 1

Â