Top Gear 2018

tonyh29

arguably their best ever episode last night with the Japan segment .

been a good series so far , they've stopped trying to imitate the original 3 , MLB is just a natural in the lead role now they've let him get on with things  , helps that he also gets British" humor "  and more importantly from the shows pov they've stopped Rory trying to be Hammond and given him segments on his own where he can be Rory and not try and be someone he clearly isn't

Harris is probably beyond help but even he is becoming less of a cock with each episode

keep up the good work

• Like 1

This is the series when Top Gear put the sword to the Grand Tour.  As the GT crew have got a bit too old and a bit too scared about all the silly things they are doing the formula became too forced and false to watch.  At the same time the TG crew have got calmer and more confident.  I'm enjoying watching TG now, compared to watching most of the last season of GT through my fingers.  Fortunately we are not in a world where I have to watch only one, but if I did Top Gear is now a clear winner.

I do like the trio. I just wish they waited a month or two since The Grand Tour finished, and then a couple days late the new season of Top gear aired. I am a little tired of car programs at the moment so I am waiting for the series to finish before I watch. I saw the first episode though and I liked it. 

I am sad to hear they are only doing 6 episodes though. 6 episodes for a whole year is pathetic. 

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Did I see somewhere that Grand Tour is possibly / probably axed?

Turns out the show (TG) was bigger than the 'stars'.

Daily Mail started the story, but I haven't seen anything come of it just yet. I would be surprised if Amazon did axe the show given it's generated them $100 million over the last 2 years with one more season to come. 

Â