Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

On 08/03/2018 at 16:54, eddiemunster said:

..and only keep Hutton if we don't go up.

It's funny how fans and managers have completely opposite views sometimes.  Think most fans agree with what you say, but Bruce said in an interview that Hutton would not be offered a new contract unless we make the premier league in which case he will be offered one.

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I think we'll all see the likes of Cairney and Sessegnon at Fulham, Neves, Jota, Costa and Cavaleiro and co at Wolves along with Grealish as people who really stand out in this division as players with plenty of ability that will be fine in the premier league if/when they get there whoever it's with and whenever that might be.

Outside of those fairly obvious calls though, are there any other players that have caught anyone's eye at all in the championship at other clubs?

Pontus Janssen at Leeds and Sol Bamba from Cardiff are a couple of centre backs I kind of look at through envious eyes for instance.

James Maddison at Norwich has the knack of looking good on a highlights show at least. Some pearlers from him this season. Josh Brownhill at Bristol City is another one for me who looks like he has a bit about him. Cant say Ive seen either play a full 90 mins though tbh.

Not that we're off buying everyone's better players in the summer or anything, just interested who, if anyone, has impressed us in the last couple of years?

Ryan Woods - Brentford

It's been a while since we last had a ginge - I think Collins was the last

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Junxs said:

It's funny how fans and managers have completely opposite views sometimes.  Think most fans agree with what you say, but Bruce said in an interview that Hutton would not be offered a new contract unless we make the premier league in which case he will be offered one.

Suspect that's less about ability and more about money. 

18 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whilst he will be essential for us this season, if we go up we need to aim much higher than players like Grabban. If Grabban and Kodjia are our premier league options we will be ****.

I did say "if the worst happens."

19 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whilst he will be essential for us this season, if we go up we need to aim much higher than players like Grabban. If Grabban and Kodjia are our premier league options we will be ****.

Not sure how much different those options are to Glen Murray and Tomer Hemed and they seem to be doing ok. 

But I agree we would need to sign a lot of players. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

If we go up I'd look to sign Johnstone, Grabban and Snoddy. 

Jonny Evans from the baggies as well. 

Yep, for sure.  Anyone know if we have options to buy on any of them?  

I do also think Jannsen of Leeds and Maddison/Murphy at Norwich are players that can play in a higher league.   

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Yep, for sure.  Anyone know if we have options to buy on any of them?  

I do also think Jannsen of Leeds and Maddison/Murphy at Norwich are players that can play in a higher league.   

I think we have with Snoddy, assuming promotion.

Johnstone has signed a new deal with Man Utd recently. 

Grabban I'm sure would be available. 

If we go up would look abroad to mid table foreign teams.

Someone like Iago Falque from Torino.

Watch them quite a bit and he always impresses, plays wide right in their front three and usually averages 10 + a season in Seria A which is very good from a wide position. Spurs actually had him as a young player so he'd know the language also. Rincon is another one to look at, good defensive midfielder.

Someone mentioned Leon Bailey earlier, think he's a little out of our reach given he's being linked with top 6 clubs. I would like to see us go for Alario who plays upfront for them, scored tonight and he's quite an exciting striker.

Maybe Dolberg at Ajax although not sure how he's been impressing this year.

Celta Vigo have some interesting players. Pinto Sisto who may know about and they also have a striker called Maxi Gomez who's scored 15 in his debut season in la Liga. He's strong and poweful in the air so think he's suited to English football.

Few names to add to the mix anyway and none of them would cost 50m or cripple us on the wage bill front.

Add some of them to our established core and I'm sure we could have a decent season back up. All three promoted teams are out of the bottom 3 as it stands and none of them really strengthened that much.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t mind a new defensive midfielder. It’s not the most beautiful of playing positions, but pretty crucial.

Jedi and Whelan are fairly old now, probably too old for the PL. Thor can play there, but not sure it’s his preferred position (?), so not sure he’ll stay to play there.

No idea who we could get but I think it’s an important position to sort.

Wout Weghorst has recently made the Dutch squad. Would like to see him looked at and a few other european players this summer

Also raid Coventry (Talent for the future) for Jordan Shipley and Tom Bayliss who have both impressed me at the 4 Coventry games i have been to this season! Liam Roberts of Walsall is a quality young keeper that hopefully we monitor. He will go on to bigger things

Edited by Villan4Life

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Wouldn’t mind a new defensive midfielder. It’s not the most beautiful of playing positions, but pretty crucial.

Jedi and Whelan are fairly old now, probably too old for the PL. Thor can play there, but not sure it’s his preferred position (?), so not sure he’ll stay to play there.

Would love to see if we could tempt Phillip Billing of Huddersfield. For his age he is a talent and room to improve!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Would love to see if we could tempt Phillip Billing of Huddersfield. For his age he is a talent and room to improve!

Good shout. Wonder if we could tempt Capoue from Watford, he’s not a world beater but deffo good enough for mid table-ish.

• Like 2

Playing in a 4231

ST

LW - Grealish - Snodgrass

CM - CM

LB - CB - Chester - RB

Johnstone

I think that starting XI would be capable of staying up therefore I think we need heavy investment because 2 of the 4 aren't even our players.

I would keep Elmo, Taylor, Hourihane, Lansbury, Adomah, Green, O'Hare, Davis and Kodjia of the players around the first team this season.

Wouldn't mind bringing back Tuanzebe on a season-long loan to play CB. 

Onomah and Grabban not shown they're good enough for the prem so happy for them to go. 

Can't see Terry staying and everyone else with an expiring contract needs to go.

18 hours ago, Xela said:

I think we have with Snoddy, assuming promotion.

Johnstone has signed a new deal with Man Utd recently. 

It was recently reported that Utd want 6.5 million for Johnstone which actually seems a fair price in todays market.

I was on the fence about Snoddy as he will be 31 when the season starts next year. We've just overpaid for old players who have no sell on value so many times. But his performance in the last 10 games, his obvious enthusiasm and the team spirit he brings - now I think it's a no brainer. His video commentary with Lansbury convinced me we should keep him around :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Nzonzi is available if we want to fork out 25 million and were able to convince him.

Surely we're going to make one statement signing :P

• Like 1

Â