Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

well it looks like Cahill has told Southgate that's it on his England career, wonder if there could be a chance of us getting him to drop down, wonder if his announcement to southgate has anything to do with a move to villa and he is thinking of dropping down??

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

well it looks like Cahill has told Southgate that's it on his England career, wonder if there could be a chance of us getting him to drop down, wonder if his announcement to southgate has anything to do with a move to villa and he is thinking of dropping down??

Vardy's done the same called time on it as well.

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Vardy's done the same called time on it as well.

Let's get them both, double swoop lol

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 2

Seriously what the hell is going on at Villa? 

Are you telling me there is no centre half in the world available to loan that is better than Jedinak??

Is there any other club in this league that only has one established, recognised centre half in the squad? 

I though starting last season with one left back was bad. Now we’re just taking the piss.  

Edit: just remembered we have Elphick. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Supposedly Shane Long will be allowed leave Southampton. He's had a bad year or so but I think he would be a great partner up front for Kodjia.

Partner?  We'll need to ask the EFL for special dispensation in order to field 12 men for Bruce to play 2 up front.  And even then if we could play 12 players he'd probably try and find a formation that would allow us to play an extra (third) right back (and still have someone who isn't a right back playing at right back) instead. ? ? ? ? 

Edited by allani
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Shane Long would be awful. Would be another Hogan. I don't know why we don't sign a big physical striker who will try and get on the end of all the crosses we do? Our whole game plan is get the ball out wide and whipping it in.

Get Cheick Diabate in on loan.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

For Bruce's formation to have the a chance of working we need a strong mitrovic-esque target man who will stay fairly central. Kodja on his own keeps going in the channels and isn't particularly great at holding the ball up to bring the midfield into play. No doubt Bruce will sign the smallest, weediest striker then either play long balls to him or put him in goal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We don't need forwards who have an Emile Heskey-esque strike rate.

We have Kodjia to bang them in, I know Long wouldn't score 20 goals or anything but he chases everything down, runs the channels and is great in the air, he would be a great foil for Kodjia at this level and would get 10+ goals himself imo

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he wouldnt get a work permit unless he has european passport for a start

He may well was at Genoa as a youth player. 2008 to 2014 he was in Italy and played 86 times for Bari on loan 2011 to 2014

Edited by Villan4Life

So I imagine a flurry of players going out on loan now that we no longer really have a need for this bloated squad?

30 something senior players and 18 can be named in the match day squad.

Â